Music Player (Remix)

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Already there... as in this version, I take it? I guess that's a feature that was missing on webOS as well then.... or I'm just really missing it there. Glad you're making progress, and looking forward to release day. Still have LastFM integration?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Already there... as in this version, I take it? I guess that's a feature that was missing on webOS as well then.... or I'm just really missing it there. Glad you're making progress, and looking forward to release day. Still have LastFM integration?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

The webOS version had it by tapping the song info on Now Playing screen. This brings up the album. Tapping and holding the song info brings up the artist.
I'm planning on adding last.fm scrobbling.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Well that would have been handy to know :D Guess I didn't think of touching it and seeing what happens, lol.

That's why I'm changing it in the Android version. I don't want to have as many "hidden features" as I did in the webOS version. I want most everything to be obvious to the user.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I just finished up the Songs, Albums, Artists, Genres, and Composers screens (actually Composers is still being worked on). They all have list and thumbnail views with various sorting options. For instance, on the Songs and Albums screens you can sort alphabetically (A-Z, Z-A) or by release date. On the Artists screen you can sort alphabetically or by song count.

In both list and thumbnail views you can quickly scroll down the list (using the slider on the right-side of the screen) and view an on-screen section indicator. For example, if you're sorting by release date, it'll show you on-screen which year you're scrolling through.

Here's the Artists screen in thumbnail view:

remix_artists_thumbnail.png

Here's the Artists screen in list view:

remix_artists_list.png

Here's the Genres screen in thumbnail view:

remix_genres_thumbnail.png

bhitman

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Music Player (Remix)? Sounds good. But will it be possible to use own skins (like Ubermusic app and widgets)?
I want to use the player with my tablet in landscape mode in a car and need big fonts...

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Music Player (Remix)? Sounds good. But will it be possible to use own skins (like Ubermusic app and widgets)?
I want to use the player with my tablet in landscape mode in a car and need big fonts...

You'll be able to change the look of the app via custom wallpapers and colors.

The app is being designed with finger-friendly music controls that are perfect for use in the car (I use it every day myself in the car). In addition to that, all the screens in the app are going to be customized for tablets. When I'm finished with the tablet interface, I'll post pics/videos here and you can let me know if that will work for you. If you have ideas on how to make it more car-friendly, let me know.

bhitman

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Tabelts with 7" screen have a lot of space. The most players use fonts, which are to small for using in car. I've mod a theme for ?bermusic, which is perfect (but the development was stopped since month).. If you're interested, I can send you an example via mail or pm... Wallpaper? I'm using multiPicture Live wallpaper and DesktopVisulizeR for my custom home screen.
What about widgets? Are they scinnable too?

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Tabelts with 7" screen have a lot of space. The most players use fonts, which are to small for using in car. I've mod a theme for ?bermusic, which is perfect (but the development was stopped since month).. If you're interested, I can send you an example via mail or pm... Wallpaper? I'm using multiPicture Live wallpaper and DesktopVisulizeR for my custom home screen.
What about widgets? Are they scinnable too?

Yeah I'd like to see a screenshot of what you're talking about. You can PM me or email me at hedamisoft AT gmail.

Wallpaper customization is within the app. You can choose your own custom wallpaper for the app or optionally use the device's wallpaper (including live wallpaper!).

There will be various widgets, but they won't be skinnable in the traditional sense. Their color will be based upon the one chosen in the app's aesthetic customization menu. But honestly once people start using the "mini-player", I expect the traditional widgets to become obsolete. If you missed it earlier in this thread, the "mini-player" can be displayed by swiping up at the bottom of the screen within any other app. It displays a mini-app that has much more functionality than a traditional widget including a slider bar and scrollable song list.

bhitman

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Thx for your effort. I've sent you an e-mail (gmail) with the screenshots.
Wallpaper: I don't spoke about a wallpaper within the app (have a look at the 1st screenshot)...

Last edited:

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Thx for your effort. I've sent you an e-mail (gmail) with the screenshots.
Wallpaper: I don't spoke about a wallpaper within the app (have a look at the 1st screenshot)...

I got your email and sent you a response. Thanks again for the images.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I've been working on a really cool, unique feature called "NuPlay" and it's now ready to demo. When you add new music to your device (by downloading from a music service or copying files from your computer via USB or wifi), Music Player (Remix) will automatically detect the new songs and issue a notification. Tap the notification to play the new songs, along with the rest of your music collection sorted by the date you added them to your device.

When you add new songs to your device, in most cases you're going to want to listen to those songs, so now you can without having to manually load up the app and search/browse for those new songs. The NuPlay feature will be able to be disabled in Preferences for those who don't care to receive these types of notifications.

Here's a demo video for NuPlay:

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok. That's really cool. Not sure how much I'd use it, but it's sure gonna be fun to play with.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok. That's really cool. Not sure how much I'd use it, but it's sure gonna be fun to play with.

Anytime you add new music you'll use it! But yeah it's all about having fun with it. I'm trying to design the app to be fun/enjoyable to use. I find myself bringing up the mini-player even when I don't need it...just because it's cool to do.

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Anytime you add new music you'll use it! But yeah it's all about having fun with it. I'm trying to design the app to be fun/enjoyable to use. I find myself bringing up the mini-player even when I don't need it...just because it's cool to do.

Heh. I can totally see myself doing that!

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Here are a few screenshots of the album detail screen.

Album song list:

uploadfromtaptalk1348957339478.jpg

Swipe left to reveal inline Wiki info:

uploadfromtaptalk1348957383375.jpg