Music Player (Remix)

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Added nav buttons to the wiki screen so you can easily browse through various wiki pages (album songs, artist info, etc.) and navigate back to the original page.

remix_wiki.png

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Here's the artist detail screen. Swipe to switch between the artist's song list, album list, and wiki page. Songs and albums can be viewed either in list or thumbnail views.

remix_artist_details.jpg

RichK90

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Really looking forward to this release, so far I'm not impressed with ANY other music player for android, but this looks very promising!

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Really looking forward to this release, so far I'm not impressed with ANY other music player for android, but this looks very promising!

Thanks a lot. I'm putting a lot of time and care into this app. So I hope in the end people really enjoy using it.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I'll definitely enjoy trying this out. Only problem is, all this awesomeness takes time which means a longer wait til it's available. D:

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah if only I could snap my fingers and have it magically be completed. That would be great!

Yeah, for all of us. Though if you could that would probably take away all the satisfaction of its success.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Android Central Forums

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, for all of us. Though if you could that would probably take away all the satisfaction of its success.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Android Central Forums

Yeah it's definitely rewarding to see something you worked hard on succeed.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Music Player (Remix) has extensive bookmarking features which I've demo'd here:

Save manual bookmarks in a song with visual indicators on the scrubber bar. Switch between bookmarks using the next/previous buttons. Or bring up the bookmark viewer and select an individual bookmark to play or delete. This bookmark viewer is available on the Now Playing screen or any screen that lists songs (by tapping the ellipsis next to a song). Also you can tap "Bookmarks" in the menu to bring up a list of songs containing bookmarks.

In addition to manual bookmarks, the app will automatically save a bookmark in every single song you play. So if you leave the app, switch tracks, or load up a different playlist, you can go back to any song and resume where you left off. Just bring up the bookmark viewer and tap "Resume last position". This can be handy if you;re listening to an audiobook and decide to start listening to some music. If you forgot to save a manual bookmark, it's no problem. Just go back to the audiobook, select "Resume last position", and you're back where you left off. Or if you're listening to a song and switch tracks by accident, just go back to the previous song and you can resume where you left off.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Release date???

When it's done! I'd rather not estimate a release date, but I'll tell you that I'm making good progress and have the majority finished. But still have a few more things to do such as autolists, lyrics/karaoke, and album art downloading.

You can keep up with the progress of the app either here or on Twitter (@MusicRemixApp).

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
In addition to regular playlists, Music Player (Remix) will have something called "Autolists". They are auto-generated playlists created based upon your listening habits and other factors. You can see a demo here:

In the initial version of the app, the following 9 autolists will be included:

1) NuSongs: Songs recently loaded on your device
2) Favorites: A random mix of your most played songs
3) Chart Toppers: Songs you listen to the most
4) D?j? vu: A random mix of recently played songs
5) Oldies But Goodies: Songs you used to listen to often
6) Memory Lane: A random mix of songs long forgotten
7) New Experiences: A random mix of unlistened songs
8) Album Picker: A random selection of albums
9) Artist Picker: A random selection of artists

Each autolist will have several choices on how to configure it. For instance, you may choose to listen to the music you've listened to in the past week ("D?j? vu") or your top 10 most played songs ("Chart Toppers").

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Building a new playlist in most music apps is cumbersome. You have to go to the Songs screen, pick a song, open up the options menu, select the playlist, then find the next song, open up the options menu, select the playlist, and repeat that over and over until you complete your playlist.

Music Player (Remix) is going to do things a bit differently. You have the ability to open up an options menu on any song, album, artist, genre, or composer and add it to a playlist. But there will be an additional option called "multi-add". Open up the options menu on any playlist and select "multi-add". Now go to any screen within the app and just tap on any song, album, artist, genre, or composer to add those songs to the playlist. Or tap the Search button and select any song, album, or artist in the search results. Keep tapping away until your playlist is complete. A running count of songs and the playlist's current duration is displayed at the top of the screen. When you're done, just tap the "X" at the top of the screen and you're ready to enjoy your playlist.

Here's a demo of the new Playlist MultiAdd feature:

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
And another great idea of yours.
You're making us all kind of nervous ;-)

Where is the "Like very much" button?

Well you can always click the "Like" button on YouTube or on here...close enough. :)

And of course I'd be appreciative of anyone excited about this project to spread the word (tell your friends, share on Twitter/Facebook/G+, etc.). I think I'm creating a user experience that other music apps cannot come close to. So I want people to hear about it, especially once it's released.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Here's a demo video for the Lyrics & Karaoke feature I just finished up:

Music Player (Remix) allows you to download lyrics for the currently playing song, or any song you browse within the app. And the app will automatically embed the downloaded lyrics within the music file itself so the next time you load up the song, the lyrics will be displayed immediately.

Think the font size on the lyrics screen is too small or too large? No problem...just pinch & zoom to select your desired font size. The app will remember your setting the next time you view lyrics.

Now that you have the lyrics for the song in front of you, why not have some karaoke fun? Tap the record button and the app will start playing the song and record you while you sing along. Tap the karaoke list button at the bottom of the lyrics screen to listen to your previous recordings for the current song. Or go to the Karaokes screen and view all the songs that have recordings. And of course you can delete your recordings directly from within the app.

I only have one more major feature to implement (album art downloading) before I release the first beta. So we're finally getting close to the finish line after 2 1/2 months of development. Beta announcements will be made on the app's Twitter channel (@MusicRemixApp), so be sure to stay tuned there.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Here's a demo video for the Lyrics & Karaoke feature I just finished up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7P9htmCFVw

Music Player (Remix) allows you to download lyrics for the currently playing song, or any song you browse within the app. And the app will automatically embed the downloaded lyrics within the music file itself so the next time you load up the song, the lyrics will be displayed immediately.

Think the font size on the lyrics screen is too small or too large? No problem...just pinch & zoom to select your desired font size. The app will remember your setting the next time you view lyrics.

Now that you have the lyrics for the song in front of you, why not have some karaoke fun? Tap the record button and the app will start playing the song and record you while you sing along. Tap the karaoke list button at the bottom of the lyrics screen to listen to your previous recordings for the current song. Or go to the Karaokes screen and view all the songs that have recordings. And of course you can delete your recordings directly from within the app.

I only have one more major feature to implement (album art downloading) before I release the first beta. So we're finally getting close to the finish line after 2 1/2 months of development. Beta announcements will be made on the app's Twitter channel (@MusicRemixApp), so be sure to stay tuned there.

Sweet, can't wait.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I just finished up the last major feature I'll be adding to the app prior to the beta which is album art downloading. Other music apps have implemented album art downloading, but Music Player (Remix) does things a bit differently:

- You can search for album art for a song or album on any of the app's screens (now playing screen, all songs list, artist albums, artist songs, genre songs, etc.).
- Downloaded album art is not stored in an app-specific cache directory. The album art is embedded within the actual music files. So no matter where you open or copy those files, the album art will be available there.
- Search results are going to be very accurate. There's a high probability that no matter what album you search for, it'll find several relevant album art selections. The user is able to scroll through the selections (displayed with large thumbnails and image dimensions) and choose the one they like the best.

As I mentioned, now that I finished all the major features within the app, the beta will be coming soon. I just have a few more things I need to clean up. All beta announcements will occur on Twitter (@MusicRemixApp), so be sure to stay tuned there.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I just finished up the last major feature I'll be adding to the app prior to the beta which is album art downloading. Other music apps have implemented album art downloading, but Music Player (Remix) does things a bit differently:

- You can search for album art for a song or album on any of the app's screens (now playing screen, all songs list, artist albums, artist songs, genre songs, etc.).
- Downloaded album art is not stored in an app-specific cache directory. The album art is embedded within the actual music files. So no matter where you open or copy those files, the album art will be available there.
- Search results are going to be very accurate. There's a high probability that no matter what album you search for, it'll find several relevant album art selections. The user is able to scroll through the selections (displayed with large thumbnails and image dimensions) and choose the one they like the best.

As I mentioned, now that I finished all the major features within the app, the beta will be coming soon. I just have a few more things I need to clean up. All beta announcements will occur on Twitter (@MusicRemixApp), so be sure to stay tuned there.

Ugh this sucks for those of us that hate Twitter. :p

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.