Music Player (Remix)

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I hate Twitter too. Joined a little before it came out. Cancelled after about a year. Don't really want to start a membership just for one app. Even this one.

Is there no other way too find out about this app?

Sent from my GT-I9300

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Ugh this sucks for those of us that hate Twitter. :p

I hate Twitter too. Joined a little before it came out. Cancelled after about a year. Don't really want to start a membership just for one app. Even this one.

Is there no other way too find out about this app?

Let me clarify... My initial beta announcement (and offer for inclusion in the beta) will be made on Twitter prior to me announcing it in other places (like this forum). I want to reward the folks that have made a conscious effort to follow the app and Twitter just happens to be the social network that I've been using.

But I will be posting all beta and Play Store release news here as well. I'm not sure how large I will make the beta release, so I won't necessarily say that only Twitter followers will be included. They'll just be invited first. I'm going to need folks with a wide array of devices and Android versions to test.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Let me clarify... My initial beta announcement (and offer for inclusion in the beta) will be made on Twitter prior to me announcing it in other places (like this forum). I want to reward the folks that have made a conscious effort to follow the app and Twitter just happens to be the social network that I've been using.

But I will be posting all beta and Play Store release news here as well. I'm not sure how large I will make the beta release, so I won't necessarily say that only Twitter followers will be included. They'll just be invited first. I'm going to need folks with a wide array of devices and Android versions to test.
Ah alright. Just hurry (no rush though), I'm getting excited to try this out. :D

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi Dan,

I hope I didn't miss this answer somewhere in this thread. Will there be a way to search directly from the main phone screen or the main android search bar?

I loved the ability to do this with Remix. My main usage would be to randomly pick a track, then search for other songs and queue them up as I got inspired.

Either way, I'm really psyched!

Nb

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi Dan,

I hope I didn't miss this answer somewhere in this thread. Will there be a way to search directly from the main phone screen or the main android search bar?

I loved the ability to do this with Remix. My main usage would be to randomly pick a track, then search for other songs and queue them up as I got inspired.

Either way, I'm really psyched!

Nb

Yes, you can search directly from Google search for songs, albums, and artists. Tapping on a song will play the song. Tapping on an album or artist will bring you to that screen.

On the album screen you have a list of songs in the album. Tap the ellipsis (...) next to a song to get a full array of options including "queue song". You can also swipe the list of songs to reveal a wiki page of the album.

On the artist screen you have a list of songs for the artist. Swipe to the left to get the list of albums. Swipe again to get the artist's wiki page. And just like every other screen in the app, you can tap the ellipsis (...) next to an item to get a bunch of options to act on that item. For instance, for songs you get the following options:

- Queue song
- Add to playlist
- Add to faves
- Lyrics & Karaoke
- View album (not available if you're already browsing the album)
- View artist (not available if you're already browsing the artist)
- View bookmarks
- Download album art
- Find song on YouTube
- Find remixes on YouTube
- Find artist on YouTube
- View/Edit music tags (I haven't implemented this one yet)
- Delete file

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The first beta has been released! I've sent invites to all the twitter followers of @MusicRemixApp.

It's a big day for me. I've worked 3 months on this app and it's finally ready for public consumption. Hopefully if beta testing goes well, the Play Store release will soon follow!

anon(645340)

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Can't wait to see this on my Gnex. I am user of Music Player (Remix) since early webOS homebrew days. It's still going strong on my TouchPad (had to retire my Pre a few months ago).

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully the beta testing won't take too long and the app will be released in the Play Store soon. The app is pretty much release-ready based on the testing on my device. The beta testing's main purpose is to try it out on different devices and find any remaining bugs that I didn't find.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Looking good so far. I haven't tried it yet, but what about gapless playback? Does that function work?

I've implemented the Jellybean API for switching tracks seamlessly (gapless). So it should work on Jellybean theoretically. If you have a JB device, let me know if it does.

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully the beta testing won't take too long and the app will be released in the Play Store soon. The app is pretty much release-ready based on the testing on my device. The beta testing's main purpose is to try it out on different devices and find any remaining bugs that I didn't find.

Just posted a problem for you.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Still on ICS here. I'm in no big hurry for JB, to be honest, and I really haven't felt any compulsion to root for it either.

- - - Updated - - -

Still on ICS here. I'm in no big hurry for JB, to be honest, and I really haven't felt any compulsion to root for it either.

fnair

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Very happy to see you working on an Android version of Music Player Remix! I've been using Android for the last year and a half since my Pre died, and although some of the music apps are pretty good, I really missed some of the really cool and innovative features that are (were) in the WebOS version of your app. The Android version looks even more impressive with some new really cool usability features (e.g. multi add). Keep up the good work, looking forward to trying it out! Good Stuff!

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Very happy to see you working on an Android version of Music Player Remix! I've been using Android for the last year and a half since my Pre died, and although some of the music apps are pretty good, I really missed some of the really cool and innovative features that are (were) in the WebOS version of your app. The Android version looks even more impressive with some new really cool usability features (e.g. multi add). Keep up the good work, looking forward to trying it out! Good Stuff!

Thanks a lot. I began the project using the webOS version as the foundation, but I had a lot of ideas on how to improve upon it. The Android version definitely takes it to the next level.

Beta testing is going well. The testers are helping me iron out some of the kinks. I'm looking forward to releasing it the wide public in the Play Store.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot. I began the project using the webOS version as the foundation, but I had a lot of ideas on how to improve upon it. The Android version definitely takes it to the next level.

Beta testing is going well. The testers are helping me iron out some of the kinks. I'm looking forward to releasing it the wide public in the Play Store.

So are we. How long will the beta be? Might make a twitter just to get this app and help test it.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
So are we. How long will the beta be? Might make a twitter just to get this app and help test it.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

Beta invitations are currently only open to folks who were following me at the time of the beta announcement.

The beta will last as long as necessary to iron out all the issues. Also have a few more things I need to do. But hopefully it won't be too long.