Music Player (Remix)

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Music Player (Remix) - Now live in the Play Store!

Dan you made my day. Works perfect.
By the way, is there a switch to get rid off the new "jump" controls that are displayed on the album art? I do not need them and can't find a switch in the settings anywhere.

HapE

Just long-tap the top of the album art to toggle them. This is part of the tutorial that you can access on the app's Help screen. Also check out some of the other in-app help resources such as the FAQ and Remix Tips.

MikeD22j

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Music Player (Remix) - Public beta is now open!

sorry for the newbie question, but how in the world do you quit the app???? android 4.4.2

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

sorry for the newbie question, but how in the world do you quit the app???? android 4.4.2

To completely kill the app and its service, tap on the "X" on the music controls notification (swipe down from the top of the screen to view your notifications panel).

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Version 1.6.2 has been released and should be available for download soon. It fixes a bug introduced in version 1.6.0 that resulted in the "View/Edit tags" function not working. Also reading/writing of embedded album art was not working.

The app uses an open source music tag library called Jaudiotagger that had some issues in its code that were revealed when I switched to the new Android Studio development environment. I grabbed a copy of the source code and fixed the issues. Everything's good now!

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

The 60% off sale is ending tomorrow. The price is going back up to $3.99, so if you want to grab the app for a great price ($1.60) now is the time to do so!

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

The 60% off sale is ending tomorrow. The price is going back up to $3.99, so if you want to grab the app for a great price ($1.60) now is the time to do so!

I'm restoring the regular price right now. This is your last chance to grab Music Player (Remix) at the $1.60 sale price. It usually takes an hour or two for app store changes to take effect.

hape

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

Hi Dan,

two request:
1) Can you add the album tap/selection below the compose selection? Not only songs and wiki.
2) Do you know if there is an way in android 4.4.2 to replace the default player with Music Remix to be started when you connect a BT audio device or an headset and select the play action instead of the build in android player? I know this wasn't possible in older android releases. But I now realized that the Rocket Play (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m.jrtstudio.AnotherMusicPlayer&token=ImOLpRPb) has a working setting for this. So there is a way to do it now, but I was not able to find out how they did it.

I hope that the problem is not again on my side. Sorry in advance if this is the case.

Hanspeter

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Hi Dan,

two request:
1) Can you add the album tap/selection below the compose selection? Not only songs and wiki.
2) Do you know if there is an way in android 4.4.2 to replace the default player with Music Remix to be started when you connect a BT audio device or an headset and select the play action instead of the build in android player? I know this wasn't possible in older android releases. But I now realized that the Rocket Play (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m.jrtstudio.AnotherMusicPlayer&token=WuG7aKXP) has a working setting for this. So there is a way to do it now, but I was not able to find out how they did it.

I hope that the problem is not again on my side. Sorry in advance if this is the case.

Hanspeter

1) I'm not sure what you mean by this. Can you elaborate?

2) When using my bluetooth car, it auto-plays Music Player (Remix), not the default Android player. So I'm guessing there's a way to do it. I'd suggest goling to the default player in the system app manager and selecting "Clear Defaults". Perhaps this will bring up a popup where you can select Music Player (Remix) as the default handler.

hape

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

1) I'm not sure what you mean by this. Can you elaborate?

when I select an Artist out of the artist list I get 3 tabs on the to for the next selection => "Song List", "Album List" and "Artist Wiki". After selection a composer out of the composer list i only get "Song List" and "Artist Wiki". I would like to have the "Album List" with the Albums where is at least on song from the composer to be able to start the full album (even if there are different composers on the album, but it would be ok with me to only get the songs from the album that matches the selected composer).

HaPe

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

when I select an Artist out of the artist list I get 3 tabs on the to for the next selection => "Song List", "Album List" and "Artist Wiki". After selection a composer out of the composer list i only get "Song List" and "Artist Wiki". I would like to have the "Album List" with the Albums where is at least on song from the composer to be able to start the full album (even if there are different composers on the album, but it would be ok with me to only get the songs from the album that matches the selected composer).

HaPe

Oh ok, I understand. Yes this is already on my to-do list.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Black Friday sale!!! Music Player (Remix) is only $1.00 from now until Cyber Monday (regular price $3.99).

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Today's the last day of the Black Friday / Cyber Monday Music Player (Remix) $1.00 sale. Price will go to back up to $3.99 tonight, so be sure to grab it at this price while you can!

lairdchris

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi Dan,

on my Moto 360 I'm not able to switch to the next/previous track, I only see volume control buttons on the second screen.
Is that normal behaviour?
If so, I'd like to place a feature request :)

Or is there another way to accomplish this on the watch?

Chris

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi Dan,

on my Moto 360 I'm not able to switch to the next/previous track, I only see volume control buttons on the second screen.
Is that normal behaviour?
If so, I'd like to place a feature request :)

Or is there another way to accomplish this on the watch?

Chris

On my Moto 360 I have "Next" and "Previous" controls (using them right now actually), so the app does support this.

Please verify on the "Lock screen & Remote Control" preferences screen that "Enable remote control" is checked.

If that doesn't fix it, then let me know the following information:

1) Phone/tablet device name
2) Phone/tablet Android OS version
3) Moto 360 Android OS version/build
4) Is phone/tablet rooted?
5) Does phone/tablet have a custom ROM?

lairdchris

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok, thanks for confirming.

This is how the second screen looks like on my Moto:
IMG_20141205_101554.jpg

The areas, where next and previous should be, show no reaction when touched, volume control works as expected, with visual feedback.

I've got a Nexus 5 running a rooted Android 5.0 with Franco Kernel.
The Moto has Android 4.4W2.

I've had both devices set to German language, but I changed them to English (US) as well, because there is a known problem with displaying some apps with the German settings.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I've got a Nexus 5 running a rooted Android 5.0 with Franco Kernel.
The Moto has Android 4.4W2.

I haven't been able to test the Android Wear functionality on Android 5.0 since I don't have a Lollipop device yet, so that may be the issue. But please check your "Enable remote control" setting (per my previous post) and let me know if that's set.

lairdchris

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it is set. Otherwise there is no control on the Moto at all.

Btw., there is also a problem with the lockscreen player on Android 5. It overlaps with the notifications area. I had to turn it off.
There is no need for it anyway, because of the interactive notification.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 10 mit Tapatalk

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it is set. Otherwise there is no control on the Moto at all.

Btw., there is also a problem with the lockscreen player on Android 5. It overlaps with the notifications area. I had to turn it off.
There is no need for it anyway, because of the interactive notification.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 10 mit Tapatalk
Yeah I'm pretty sure the issue is related to Lollipop. Once I get a Lollipop device to test with I'll fix the issue.

The Lockscreen controls are going to overlap with the Lollipop notifications. Not much I can do about it.

Last edited:

hape

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

Oh ok, I understand. Yes this is already on my to-do list.

Hi Dan,

is it a big task to implement the "album list" tab below the composer selection? Or better is it on the upper part of your todo list or on the lower end.
Have a good x-mas time

Hape

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Hi Dan,

is it a big task to implement the "album list" tab below the composer selection? Or better is it on the upper part of your todo list or on the lower end.
Have a good x-mas time

Hape

I do have several larger, higher prioriry tasks on my to-do list, but you never know what other smaller features I may bundle with the larger ones in a release. So this feature's release timing is not something I can really promise at this time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995