I am sure this has been raised before but I guess I just need to ask.

Why are droid apps more expensive? For example Spirit HD, a game I wanted to buy is $2.99 on google play but it is $0.99 on Apple App Store.

When I had an Apple device I found myself buying lots of $0.99 Apps but $3-$4 for a game has slowed me down a bit.

Whats the deal??
    09-07-2012 03:44 PM
    You'd have to ask the developer. They set the price - not Google.
    Ry likes this.
    09-07-2012 10:42 PM
    Might be to make up for piracy? I dont know the exact figures but Android apps are usually morr likley to be pirated. Only other reason i can think of is if there really isnt any competition for that type of game or software

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    09-07-2012 10:48 PM
    First, Android apps, not "Droid" apps.

Having been in the app and games industry for smart phones-

- Higher piracy rates on Android
    - Higher cost of development (& more devices to test on)
    - Less downloads in relation to iOS

These are the main factors I saw personally in our pricing decisions. Other developers may have different experiences.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    adamtalife and sropedia like this.
    09-07-2012 11:56 PM
    I would say some apps are more expensive cause my friends have I phones and more then a few apps I have gotten for free. others no more then $2 are way more in the app store

This Transmission Has Been Sent From The Bat Cave
    09-11-2012 04:16 AM
    Android Apps should be same price as IOS Apps. Yes higher development & more devices to test on but I don't think google takes 30% like Apple does? If apps are cheaper then there should not be that high rate of privacy because most people an afford .99c. but not $3-$5.
    I recently switch from IOS to Android and found that most of the apps on IOS are higher quality and cheaper than Android apps, why cost more and get less quality?
    09-11-2012 08:47 AM
    I've had no problem with any of the Android apps I've gotten. Even the ones that cost several dollars can be replaced with free ones if you know what you're looking for.
    09-11-2012 11:36 AM
    09-11-2012 02:48 PM
    And what does that have to do with my post?
    09-11-2012 10:02 PM
    Maybe Android users do not purchase apps that often like iOS users do?
    Just guess
    09-12-2012 07:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD