Tasker is a more configurable and less expensive alternative to the Locale, Timerific and other apps. It works great for making profiles based on date/time, locations, android conditions such as docked, headset plugged in, e
    07-03-2010 03:57 PM
    I already bought Tasker directly from the developer and it really is GREAT! It is so customizable it is scary! ii

I am still in the very early stages of understanding how to set it all up but it works great for what I have done so far.
    07-03-2010 07:00 PM
    FYI, it's not a terribly user-friendly interface. It's almost programming-lite. Some things are easier than others, some more complicated, but it's a great app. The Dev has done a really good job with it. I've used it extensively.
    07-04-2010 10:19 PM
    less expensive alternative to the Locale, Timerific and other apps.
    That's really hard to do, since Timeriffic is free. If Tasker is truly less expensive than free, does that mean you'll pay us to use it?
    07-04-2010 10:23 PM
    I bit the bullet...purchased Tasker and gave it a spin...and in the first 24 hours, I am totally sold....it is amazing. I have a couple of profiles set up for Night Mode and Meeting with exit profiles to go to my "Day" mode settings...

Then I set up a task to monitor when I am at home....it then turns on my wifi and connect to my home network. When I leave, WiFi shuts off automatically.

I also set up a profile to shut off my bluetooth if my bluetooth headset gets out of range or I turn the headset up...hoping to save a little battery.

I am just getting started....I know I will find more things that I can do automatically, ie set my DVR and stuff like that -- LOL...no that feature is not there yet, but I am sure it is coming!

Awesome app!!!!
    07-05-2010 08:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD