I use calengoo app on IPod touch. It's not made for android. It's best feature is to see the whole day and week with event title mostly visible in each event's block of time, like microsoft outlook. It also syncs w/google calendar. Most calendars just show the block of time without any text.

Does anyone know of a calendar app for android that has this feature? Thanks!
    07-03-2010 08:17 PM
    Closest I know is the HTC Calendar widget, select style 2 of 3.
    07-03-2010 09:19 PM
    You could just use the stock Android calendar. That pretty much sounds like just what you're asking for.
    07-03-2010 09:53 PM
    I'm using a calendar in G2, and it tells me about the weather.

Not with events.
    07-03-2010 09:59 PM
    Forte available on Market is an excellent cal app that does exactly what I think you are saying and has widgets as well.
    07-03-2010 10:17 PM
    Forte is not showing up when i search. What should i search on?
    07-03-2010 10:52 PM
    Forte is not showing up when i search. What should i search on?
    I think he meant "Jorte"
    goin_nil likes this.
    07-04-2010 12:03 AM
    thanks. found it. that's the view I am looking for! BUT, it does not support repeating events - big let down. any other suggestions that has both?
    07-04-2010 12:47 AM
    Just found iRT Calendar (iRT Calendar User Guide | iRT WEB SOLUTIONS) which has the views I am looking for but the "event repeat" is in a future release "Pro Version, price TBD".

I'll have to keep watching for this to come out. I'm willing to pay a little bit ($5 maybe) for a very good calendar like this. Let's hope the price is not too high.

Has anyone out there used iRT Calendar?
    07-04-2010 01:28 AM
    I have been using the Calengoo app. on my ITouch since last fall and LOVE it. I emailed the developer and he said as soon as he was finished with creating an app. for the IPad (now done) he would begin to create one for Droid. He said that would most likely be started this summer......so....I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
    goin_nil likes this.
    07-04-2010 10:28 AM
    Awesome! Thanks for the great news. I agree, its the BEST calendar killer app.
    07-04-2010 12:45 PM
    thanks. found it. that's the view I am looking for! BUT, it does not support repeating events - big let down. any other suggestions that has both?
    sure it does. Jorte is the best Calendar App bar none.
    07-04-2010 01:48 PM
    Hmmm. On some website (which I can't find now) I read a user comment that said it would be better if it had repeating events.

But, this website seems to indicate that it has repeating events but would be better if it had some updates to repeating events.
    Thanks for clarifying that it does indeed have them Gekko. I'll have to try that app too...once my Incredible gets here in 26 days :-(
    07-04-2010 06:06 PM
    Calendgoo beta is now available on Android. Some other good ones are also available: Pocket Informant and Business Calendar.

There's an extremely rudimentary chart at Android Wiki (please add to it!).

There's an extensive disussion at
    Android Forums.
    12-16-2010 08:00 AM
    I have been using the Calengoo app. on my ITouch since last fall and LOVE it. I emailed the developer and he said as soon as he was finished with creating an app. for the IPad (now done) he would begin to create one for Droid. He said that would most likely be started this summer......so....I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
    I just downloaded Calengoo on my Droid Incredible from the Market so it MUST be for Droid. I love it...the best feature for me is the monthly view with written appointments, not just blocks of color. I am having a problem getting it to sync with Google calendar on my pc. Any suggestions?
    12-31-2010 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD