Right now I use Bloo. Like most others I use a combination of ways to keep caught up on facebook. The thing I miss most from my Pre is the facebook app. It was developed by the Palm guys and was updated pretty frequently and was freaking awesome. Never really used the Iphone app, but from what I read from people that have used both it was really close to the same functionality.

With that being said why hasn't a developer out there tackled this yet? SO much money would be made even if they only charged $! for it. I bet almost everyone on Android would buy it.
    07-04-2010 11:20 PM
    the developer of bloo is getting ready to open source the application, so if the developing community jumps on that, it could end up being pretty cool. for now though, the stock app serves its purpose
    07-05-2010 09:39 AM
    I'm using Bloo 1.5 and IMO it is the best Facebook app out there right now.
    07-05-2010 11:08 AM
    +1 for Bloo
    07-05-2010 03:35 PM
    Bloo is the way to go right now
    07-05-2010 10:21 PM
    this is why android central is awesome im pretty new to android and didnt even know about this app, but just downloaded it and am liking it! thanks guys
    07-05-2010 10:40 PM
    Cool....never heard of this. Checking it out now, but having oodles of issues:

1. (SOLVED) I can't seem to comment from the news feed? I can click on it and it expands any existing comments, but I can't add my own comment to someone's post?
    2. Seems to very slow at loading the next set of Feed items (after scrolling to the bottom...I have it showing 20, but takes forever to load another set)
    3. It keeps telling me my Feed is unavailable (if I try to view my profile). Specifically tells me "there are no posts in this feed or your are (sic) not friends with that person, please try again later." Does let me view my photos though.
    4. Also can't seem to follow links that other people have posted (a problem with the regular app as well...unless I just don't know how to follow links)
    5. Seems to only be showing friends, and not those pages that I am a "fan" of. For example, I am a fan of Rock Band and Netflix, but none of their posts are in my feed, unlike the regular app.
    6. (SOLVED) I can't seem to click on a friend from the news feed and go to that friend's wall...I have to back out and then click on Friends, find that friend in the (long) list, click on it, etc....still can't comment or view their photos or anything.

I do like that is shows comments in-line (unlike the regular app) but right now I'm finding it a bit useless, even compared to the regular one. Or perhaps I am doing something wrong? Seems to be missing a lot (emphasis on "lot") of functionality that even the stock one has.

EDIT: Ok, after playing a bit, I figured out if I long press, I can leave comments on posts, view their wall, info and photos. That helps solve several problems (#1 and #6 above)
    07-07-2010 12:22 PM
    Yeah after i discovered the long press trick for the comments I'm liking this app a lot. Sometimes the facebook chat kicks itself offline, but other than that it's pretty good. I can't find a better solution right now (other than using the web browser for the full site) that's all inclusive.
    07-07-2010 03:27 PM
    Some questions (in addition to the ones above)

1. How do I chat? I can't seem to find this feature.
    2. I still cannot view my profile (or about 1/3 of my friends, including my wife, as I am greeted with that same message as above about no items in the feed or not being friends with them).
    3. My feed refuses to update. It's still the same items as when I first started it. Refreshing it does nothing (but it does show all the comments on the most recent news feed....which is about 6 hours old now). Perhaps this is related to #2...will have to look on the PC to see who has posted and if everyone is giving me that error in Bloo...
    4. Still not seeing those items/pages/groups of which I'm a "fan"....

On the plus side, I did get notifications from Facebook, unlike the stock app which never did.
    07-07-2010 06:17 PM
    Some questions (in addition to the ones above)

1. How do I chat? I can't seem to find this feature.
    2. I still cannot view my profile (or about 1/3 of my friends, including my wife, as I am greeted with that same message as above about no items in the feed or not being friends with them).
    3. My feed refuses to update. It's still the same items as when I first started it. Refreshing it does nothing (but it does show all the comments on the most recent news feed....which is about 6 hours old now). Perhaps this is related to #2...will have to look on the PC to see who has posted and if everyone is giving me that error in Bloo...
    4. Still not seeing those items/pages/groups of which I'm a "fan"....

On the plus side, I did get notifications from Facebook, unlike the stock app which never did.
    1. You have to allow it access to that (it'll prompt you for this) and enable the icon in the notification area (i'm pretty sure this is in the settings). When you pull down that shade it'll say facebook chat. Click on it and the menu button will bring up the toggle for going online/offline.

I used it today and it worked like a champ!

2. Have not had any problems with feeds loading or with comments.

3. Same as number 2, I have not had any problems with fan pages, either.

You have to make sure that when it asks for permission to access your facebook profile you say yes, and when it opens the browser you tell facebook to allow it to do it, too. Also make sure you have the latest version of the app installed. Many bugs have been fixed.

Long presses are your friend in this app. Menu is limited. I'm pretty sure you can manage third party access in Facebook on your PC, but for me it was easier to do it from my phone as I was prompted.
    07-07-2010 06:30 PM
    **sigh**

I guess I'm not seeing it. It never prompted me to allow chat (and there is nothing in Preferences for it)

I uninstalled and reinstalled (generating another code) and the same problems are there. Can't view my profile or most of my friend's profiles (get that error message), "The Feed" is still from 8 hours ago (won't refresh), and fan pages still won't show.

The About on the menu says I'm on Bloo 1.4.4d, which is what I got from the marketplace. Although the description says "issue with no feeds loading is being fixed in v1.5 coming out this week" and "to fix this problem visit my blog!" and "preparation for Facebook chat! coming in v1.5"

Methinks there might be a v1.5 floating around that I need?

EDIT: OK, went to the blog (all the way back to April 11) and followed those instructions which seemed to have fixed my feed, "fan" pages, and that error. Still don't see a way to chat though. Must be missing something.
    07-07-2010 07:54 PM
    I'm using Bloo 1.5 and IMO it is the best Facebook app out there right now.
    Where did you get 1.5 from? I only see 1.4 in the marketplace. I've been holding out for the new version. Thanks!
    07-08-2010 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD