so i installed the google voice thingy it certainly sounded cool and all, but now when my friends call me they don't get sent to my voice mail at all, in fact they can't even leave a voice mail, is there i setting i'm missing?, i've already activated it and went through all the steps online even got their little GV app any ideas?
    thanks guys!
    07-05-2010 12:56 AM
    Sounds like that you did not forward your mobile phone to your Google Voice mail properly...manually turn off the Call Forward for your voice mail and set it back up manually. I use mine and it is great!
    07-05-2010 08:12 AM
    +1 -- double check your conditional call forwarding. Sounds like it's not properly set up.

How are you set up anyway? Are you using your GV number or you existing number? Are people calling the GV number or your cell number? Just to clarify, you did hit the "Activate Google voicemail on this phone" on the full GV site and followed the directions?
    07-05-2010 11:40 AM
    i used my existing number during the set up, maybe that's bad?, and how do i check my call forwarding?
    07-05-2010 12:31 PM
    Well I just typed into Google
    "set google voice as default"
    and found this link at the very top
    Instructions to use Google Voice as your voicemail when people call your cell phone number - Google Voice Help

I hope that helps. ii
    07-05-2010 03:06 PM