Android market

robert97006

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys, first time poster,

I recently for the first time put a ROM on my phone. I have an HTC Inspire 4g which i put cyanogenmod 7.2.0(latest) on. I rooted my phone, installed ROM Manager, Bought and used Flash ClockworkMod recovery and installed the new ROM, great it all works but now with cyanogenmod installed i've lost all apps including Android market. Because of this I cannot install any new apps on my phone.
I used this article How To Install New Android Market 2.2.6 On Your Phone Device to get it back.

The only problem i'm having is finding the root of my SD card from my computer. When I look at my files on my phone with file viewer(which i didnt have until installing cyanogenmod) it does not match up AT ALL with what i'm seeing on my Windows 7 desktop through file explorer under Removable Disk (H.

I've downloaded the app, now I just need help getting on my phone, also I can not find the 'old' vending.apk on my phone with the computer or through my phone GUI.

If anyone could give me some advice on this as well as other good things to know with this new ROM, like i said, I am a noob, never rooted or used a ROM before.

My end goal here is to install the Android Market so I can put apps on my newly tricked out phone!

Thanks,
Robert

---------- Post Merged at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Here is where I got the instructions on how to install market....http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/how-to-install-new-android-market-2-2-6-on-your-device/

Update: I found com.android.vending_2.2.6.apk on my SD card from the file viewer on my phone, I hit this file and it asked if I wnated to install, ofcourse I said yes. So now I have the Icon in my app drawer but when I click it to open it just opens a window and closes back out real fast.

****PLEASE ADVISE****

Thanks,
Robert

robert97006

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
New Update*** I just put the file I downloaded that was suppose to be the market on the root of my removable disk. Now the weird thing is when I reboot into recovery and select to install zip from sdcard i see all the folders I see on my computer on the phone menu except the files i need, its the last item on my computer screen and the phone reboot recovery menu goes to the folder right above it and that's it. It just stops. I know I am in the right place it just wont show up. So i decided to put this executable file for the market into another folder that I can see in my Recovery menu. When I do that and go to select that folder it says no file is found.

I see that this has 86 view but no replies, can someone please advise on this, it'd be a HUGE help.

Thanks,
Robert

robert97006

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Another update** I've chosen for my phone to install apps from unkown sources. But now when I open Google Play it says I need to connect to an account to open it, when I hit choose account it just brings me back to my file view from which I opened the apk for google play. How do I choose an account?

Also, I tried restoring my stock OS(rooted) and backing up some of my apps with Titanium Backup but whenm I flash the new ROM titanium back up is GONE> The only way to get it back is to install Google Play which I cannot do.

Can someone please give me some feedback or point me in the right direction if I didn't post this in the right place. I've had no play on this. C;mon guys, help a noob out. PLEEEEEEEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

---------- Post Merged at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:53 PM ----------

CAN I PLEASE GET HELP ON INSTALLING APPS ON MY NEW CYANOGENMOD?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? IS ANYONE HERE?!?!? HELOOOO?!?!?!?

anon268366

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
You gotta flash GAPPS. Instructions for that should be included where ever you got the instructions for flashing CM7. Flashing GAPPS may have said optional in the instructions but flashing it will give you the Play Store.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance