Is there a way to get applications purchased for a blackberry ported over to android? I purchased a lot of apps for my BB and I know some developers make applications for more than one platform so is it possible to get the android version of the application if available or am I out all the money I spent?
    07-07-2010 04:06 PM
    probably out of that money...doesn't make much sense for them to let you have the app for a different platform just because you switched.
    07-07-2010 04:20 PM
    Unless the developer decides it is worth the expense to port an app it won't happen. Not sure what you are looking for but as a former BB user I can't think of a third party app that hasn't been improved as an Android app already.
    07-07-2010 04:22 PM
    Just look for apps already available on Android. The only two apps I miss from BB are BBM and Viigo. Facebook was good on BB, but I get the same function and more by using Facebook for Android and Bloo. If you are looking for something specific and ask those of us that made the switch like you. Good thing about Android is most of the apps are FREE and you don't loose anything by trying them out.
    stacyadell likes this.
    07-07-2010 05:35 PM
    Not sure what viigo features you are looking for specifically, but I went to newsrob for rss feeds, and listen for podcast. Granted it is two separate apps, but both are lightyears better than the corresponding features in viigo.
    07-07-2010 06:42 PM
    The only app I really miss from my BB is Poynt. Where has gotten better but overall I really loved Poynt
    07-08-2010 06:05 AM
    Is there a way to get applications purchased for a blackberry ported over to android?
    If you have influence over the developers, sure. No dev is going to port an app just for a single user though. It's a lot of work.

I purchased a lot of apps for my BB and I know some developers make applications for more than one platform so is it possible to get the android version of the application if available or am I out all the money I spent?
    That's a question for each specific dev. You can ask us but we're not going to know what their answers are.
    07-08-2010 08:07 AM
    I have QuickLaunch by NikkiSoft Corp, OnTheSnow, BerryBuzz, BerryPop, BerryWeather from Bellsahre GmbH that I think are berry specific, connect 4 and PatternLock (which think the x comes with) by Tafasa, eGPS by the DB Group, Iconify by emacberry, Aerize Email Alerts - Email / SMS Popup Notifications by Aerize, BatteryBooster by S4BB Limited, another game by Toysoft, MeterBerry by Giant Cashew Software, Zagat to go, a few other randoms and a bunch of themes that I can do without. The rest of my applications are free ones that I know android also has - opentable, yelp, google maps, urbanspoon, etc.

I have a feeling they are all BB specific but would love to have a QuickLaunch like application if one exits for android. A nice weather application would be good as would an app like Iconify and the OntheSnow.

I guess I can try to bundle them up and sell them to somebody through crackberry and put a request into mobihand that I have a new PIN.
    07-08-2010 12:33 PM
    wow, a free sms popup application Android.com - Market as well as many other goodies for free, I am liking android more and more!! No poynt but I did see where.
    07-08-2010 02:15 PM
    For non rooted users, the have tether (still in beta). I heard that you might get a discount if you buy it for android if you paid for it on blackberry.
    07-11-2010 02:10 AM
    Is there an app to communicate between BB and android like BB messenger? My wife still has BB.
    07-11-2010 07:50 AM
    Is there an app to communicate between BB and android like BB messenger? My wife still has BB.
    My wife and I both have BBs and never saw the use for BBM. Google Talk works on BB as well as Android - plus a real computer as well.
    07-11-2010 09:52 AM
    A nice weather application would be good as would an app like Iconify and the OntheSnow.
    My DH and I just switched to Android phones...Droid and LG Ally...from our BB Tours. We used, with our BBs and with our new phones, WeatherBug. It's a free app in the Market.
    07-12-2010 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD