Need help - Verizon Only apps on non-Verizon devices

tfp

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, quick question. Is it possible to get Verizon only apps to work on a non-Verizon device? I'm on Rogers in Canada and obviously we don't have Verizon up here but I would love to have the IndyCar Mobile app working for next season. I've downloaded the .apk and sideloaded it onto my device, but when starting the app it says that it "is exclusive to Verizon Wireless customers with an active data plan on the device. Please, turn off the Wi-Fi and connect within Verizon Wireless network at first launch. Once authenticated, you may use Wi-Fi connection with the service." Does anyone know of a work around or an app that will mimic the Verizon Wireless authentication?

Thank you for any and all help and suggestions :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
None that I am aware of. These types of apps I assume are looking for some signal signature from the carrier to activate/authenticate the application. Not saying there might not be a workaround but there isn't any I'm aware of.

tfp

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank you :) sucks that I won't be able to use the IndyCar app next year when I attend the Toronto Indy Double Header :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star