Can anyone recommend a good, reputable app that manages finances and tracks budgets. I've got mint.com right now which is decent but I'm looking for something that can link to my bank and let me track my accounts easily. Thanks for any advice
    07-08-2010 08:44 PM
    Dude really… are you serious? Your asking someone you don’t know to manage and develop an app that consolidates your Banking? On a Phone?

Are you feeling that you have money you don’t need and want to donate?

If a banking app is not from the Bank itself, don’t do it!

Mint.com and other reputable financial sites may be an exception to the rule, but really? Do you want your personal financial information spread out over a phone? With no security and no guarantee of encryption, unless it’s from the bank itself (who will share the burden of liability if their official app is cracked, but will tell you “too bad so sad” if you use another app.)?

I'm just asking.

Would it be a better course of action to make an encrypted Excel spreadsheet w/ your budget and then sync it to your phone w/ a USB cable?

I'm sort of busting on you, but seriously. When it comes to Banking and Money, trust NOTHING that comes from someone other than Your Bank.

I deal with too much of this on a daily basis to take it lightly.
    07-08-2010 11:18 PM
    Mint is pretty good. Personal assistant (used to be page once) is good to get a glimpse of your various accounts.
    07-08-2010 11:20 PM
    I was looking for something that would show you at a glace on a calendar what your account should be at a near future date. For instance if had $1K in my checking account today and in 3 days I had a car payment of $300 then I could look at the calendar and see that in 3 days from now I will have $700 in my checking.

I saw a youtube video of an app that looks like it does just this but it is only made for iPhone It's called Easy Money's Long-Term Calendar. And no, It's not the Easy Money app that shows up in the Android Market.

I have made and Excel of this but never thought about trying to transfer it to the phone. I'll mess with that tonight.
    07-16-2010 01:38 PM
    Has anyone had a major issue with the Mint.com app? I am looking for something to manage all my accounts. Is there something more secure out there?
    07-27-2010 09:46 AM
    I use Mint.com and like it a lot. It hooks direct to my bank and is very reputable and has a desktop web-based counterpart as well. I've been very happy with it, though it has taken some time to update from time to time, but no big deal - it's a matter of dozens of seconds or so.
    07-27-2010 10:18 AM
    The app worked OK for me but I eventually canceled my Mint account as it just didn't work with several of my financial institutions.
    07-27-2010 10:30 AM
    Mint.com is fine, and I also use Pageonce.
    Unfortunately I was looking for something to replace Splashmoney.
    I used Splashmoney as a checkbook register for YEARS, and have NOT found anything that does its balance rectification on android. Instead I use LOOT for the register and then hand rectify cleared items (checks, atm, eft etc) using Pageonce.

I really like pageonce and see myself using it more and more. If only they would add a checkbook register function.
    07-27-2010 10:30 AM
    I use mint on my home PC but I wouldn't even consider using my phone for it. I won't do any banking with any account numbers or SSNs on my phone.
    As for mint being secure on the pc, I read (unconfirmed) that their developers were the ones who created the encryption that the banks use in the first place. So if someone was able to break into mint, they could just as easily break into any bank they want.
    07-27-2010 11:44 AM
    Regarding Security:

I look at it this way - every time you or I pay for something with a credit or debit card, especially at a restaurant, that card disappears from our protective hands for several minutes. During that time, any number of things could happen. Similarly with the mail. Have you ever left receipts or bills or statements on the seat of your car? If I'm behind you in line at the store and you're writing a check, if I have a good memory (which I don't!) I usually have a good view of ALL of your important information.

Short story - nothing's perfect. Use your head and some good judgement and you'll be fine.
    07-27-2010 12:14 PM