07-11-2010 09:49 PM
29 12
tools
    I hear everyone talking about Swype, which isnt even out yet when Ive been using SlideIT for a while now and LOVE it. Ive used the Swype beta and I gotta say, SlideIT just works better. Its dictionary is better, its word prediction is better and its way of choosing alternate words is better. Instead of forcing you to choose from a popup menu, it makes its best guess then gives you an unobtrusive menu of alternate words to choose from in case it got it wrong. Please, try SlideIT, its a superior keyboad and its already available.
    Swype does all that too if you go into setup and select your options the way you want it. I've used every slide board out there, and some that you can't even get anymore, there is nothing close to Swype. Each to his own though SlideIT may just be a better fit for you.
    07-11-2010 12:20 PM
    I would love to try swype but don't know how to get it

Wish they'd just release it already. Tried slideIT and like it, but will probably wait for Swype.
    07-11-2010 03:47 PM
    Question:

How come when I double tap a word, it doesn't come up with alternate words?

I want to be able to type my entire text message, and then go back and quickly adjust any words that need changed. I've watched several tutorials, and I should be able to double tap (highlight) the words....which should bring up other words.

This isn't happening. Why?

Also....when highlighting a word, it doesn't give me the option to remove it from my Swype dictionary.
    07-11-2010 07:48 PM
    I hear everyone talking about Swype, which isnt even out yet when Ive been using SlideIT for a while now and LOVE it. Ive used the Swype beta and I gotta say, SlideIT just works better. Its dictionary is better, its word prediction is better and its way of choosing alternate words is better. Instead of forcing you to choose from a popup menu, it makes its best guess then gives you an unobtrusive menu of alternate words to choose from in case it got it wrong. Please, try SlideIT, its a superior keyboad and its already available.
    I've tried them all and I agree regarding SlideIT, but it's HIDEOUS! It looks like an alpha keyboard, but it works amazingly well, super easy to use.

I've read Swype isn't interested in offering it as an app, but only as a built in. I wouldn't be surprised. If they did ever did offer it as an app it would be worth more than $2. Talk about low-balling.
    07-11-2010 09:49 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD