07-11-2010 09:49 PM
29 12
tools
    Anyone know where I can get the latest version of Swype? All of the versions out there that I tried are expired.

Thanks
    07-09-2010 11:35 AM
    Last I checked it was in closed beta and you can't get a copy. I wish it was readibly available too!
    07-09-2010 11:41 AM
    Uh oh trending on shaky ground here friend. Don't ask for "leaked", "cracked", "shared", or otherwise version of Swype on these forums. They don't take kindly to it here. The best thing you can do is sign up for the beta in which they will allow you to download it.
    07-09-2010 11:49 AM
    They won't let you because it's closed. You have to register and they will email you when it's open beta again so I understand eckster's frustration. I don't even know if I'll like it to be honest but I still want to try it. It looks like my fat fingers won't play nice with Swype but I don't know.
    07-09-2010 11:55 AM
    Try this from your phone.
    https://beta.swype.com/android/get/

Thats the one I got from Beta a few weeks ago
    07-09-2010 12:39 PM
    It will download and installer the 'Swype Downloader', but you have to have a username and password to download the actual keyboard. Trust me I understand your frustration and I waited forever for them to open up the beta.
    07-09-2010 01:00 PM
    The way it is in beta right now, I wouldn't think anyone would want it anyway. It's kind of buggy right now and I often have to disable then enable it to get it to work.
    07-09-2010 01:59 PM
    Closed beta. Don't try any of the APK's available. The only way to get it is from Swype. You'll get error messages.
    07-09-2010 02:10 PM
    I have it...its pretty nice on my 2.1 Hero...also have the Better Keyboard for 2.2, but havent tried it out yet
    07-09-2010 02:19 PM
    I loaded the Droid X multi touch keyboard on my EVO and I love it.
    07-09-2010 02:21 PM
    The way it is in beta right now, I wouldn't think anyone would want it anyway. It's kind of buggy right now and I often have to disable then enable it to get it to work.
    thats not true, even though its in the beta, it feels like a finished product to me. never had any problems with it on my droid.
    07-09-2010 02:21 PM
    odd, I never have issues with mine
    07-09-2010 02:23 PM
    thats not true, even though its in the beta, it feels like a finished product to me. never had any problems with it on my droid.
    Might not be true for you but it sure is happening to me.
    07-09-2010 02:37 PM
    odd, I never have issues with mine
    There were a few other people in the Swype thread that have the same issue. I wish I didn't have these issues with it and I tried an uninstall/reinstall but it still happens. You know when people say there's a 1 in a million chance of something bad happening to you? I'm that one person.....lol
    07-09-2010 03:02 PM
    There were a few other people in the Swype thread that have the same issue. I wish I didn't have these issues with it and I tried an uninstall/reinstall but it still happens. You know when people say there's a 1 in a million chance of something bad happening to you? I'm that one person.....lol
    lol I know the feeling dude, I totally know the feeling
    07-09-2010 03:10 PM
    I've been using it for several months now and really like it. No major bugs that I've discovered. And either way - it's still new - it's not perfect. But it should do nothing but get better. It's a great product.
    07-09-2010 03:13 PM
    does anyone know when it will be available for purchase? I dont want it to go away
    07-09-2010 03:38 PM
    does anyone know when it will be available for purchase? I dont want it to go away
    i don't think they would abandon it after running suck a huge beta effort. I'm sure they are ironing out the bugs and will either try another beta run or release a finished product to the market. Who know when that will happen though. Best bet is to sign up on their website, then you will get information directly from them about new beta releases or a final release version.
    07-09-2010 04:59 PM
    I loaded the Droid X multi touch keyboard on my EVO and I love it.
    What did you have to do to get this working?
    07-09-2010 05:01 PM
    I lost swype after doing too many installs. Took me awhile to figure put how to get it back, I use Titanium Backup, checked my backups and there it was, did a install from within the program and Swype came back.
    I did see on the Swype website that if one does too many installs, send them a email and explain the situation and ask to have your account reset. Good luck.
    07-10-2010 04:46 PM
    just a word to any folks from swype lurking in these forums....

Do you see the amount of interest in this app? We love it and want it available. Your goofy and pointless "closed" beta is causing installation problems and unofficial leaks with decreased functionality and creating MUCH ill will for you otherwise wonderful product.

Releas the damn thing already and charge us a fair price of about $2 and then update as needed.

It's about as finished as it can get and the only real functuionality issues are in the installation process that is, by far, the most convoluted and involved process I've ever seen for an app.

I rooted and overclocked more easily than going through your headach of closed beta. PLEASE make the app available in a simple download from market.
    07-10-2010 04:55 PM
    just a word to any folks from swype lurking in these forums....

Do you see the amount of interest in this app? We love it and want it available. Your goofy and pointless "closed" beta is causing installation problems and unofficial leaks with decreased functionality and creating MUCH ill will for you otherwise wonderful product.

Releas the damn thing already and charge us a fair price of about $2 and then update as needed.

It's about as finished as it can get and the only real functuionality issues are in the installation process that is, by far, the most convoluted and involved process I've ever seen for an app.

I rooted and overclocked more easily than going through your headach of closed beta. PLEASE make the app available in a simple download from market.
    I agree with you. But how is rooting and over-clocking your phone easier than letting two installers do their thing? I mean honestly you only go to one url download the installer, install it. Open it, type in your username a password and it downloads and installs Swype. I think there may be a bit of over dramatization here.

But I wish they would release it to everyone it sure would cure a lot of issues of people looking for "under the table releases" or that stupid install type. I agree with Prometheus, I would rather pay $2 and download and install from the market, this closed beta is getting ridiculous at this point. Especially considering it must not be too beta anymore because it's now coming out on production phones. With all that being said anyone can get a hold of the .apk if you look around.
    07-10-2010 05:31 PM
    I originally downloaded it from a hack site. I didn't even know I was " unofficial". It "expired"
    Then when I tried to get the official beta the process was a pain in the neck to completely uninstall the hacked one.

Yes, yes yes.... My fault for putting the original one on my device without swype's blessing. However, I would assume that most people are like me and are unaware that an apk they get is in actuality obtained improperly.

point is: closed beta had no real purpose and is a disservice to the app and an irritation
    07-10-2010 05:52 PM
    I originally downloaded it from a hack site. I didn't even know I was " unofficial". It "expired"
    Then when I tried to get the official beta the process was a pain in the neck to completely uninstall the hacked one.

Yes, yes yes.... My fault for putting the original one on my device without swype's blessing. However, I would assume that most people are like me and are unaware that an apk they get is in actuality obtained improperly.

point is: closed beta had no real purpose and is a disservice to the app and an irritation
    No don't take me wrong dude, I agree with you. It is a pain in the rear with this whole closed beta deal. Seems like they would just put it out, which is what I was eluding to in my previous post, because it is already coming as a stock keyboard with certain phones. Just seem ridiculous. They haven't pushed any new updates either, the last leaked version I have is the exact same version I got officially from the beta. Been in it since the hour they opened it up this time, and not one update from it yet, so it isn't what I would consider an active beta. Maybe sometime in the not to distant future everyone will see it pop up into the market, hopefully!
    07-10-2010 10:33 PM
    I hear everyone talking about Swype, which isnt even out yet when Ive been using SlideIT for a while now and LOVE it. Ive used the Swype beta and I gotta say, SlideIT just works better. Its dictionary is better, its word prediction is better and its way of choosing alternate words is better. Instead of forcing you to choose from a popup menu, it makes its best guess then gives you an unobtrusive menu of alternate words to choose from in case it got it wrong. Please, try SlideIT, its a superior keyboad and its already available.
    07-11-2010 06:24 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD