How add skype to fring?

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I have a friend who just got an Evo and is having trouble setting up fring with skype. When he first tried it, he found the addon but it never was able to add it, it timed out or something. So he reinstalled fring and now says that no skype addon appears. Any ideas?

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
all he has to do is hit menu, select add-on, then select skype. Once the screen pops up he types in his username and password. After it logs in then he can go back to the contacts screen and he will see his skype contacts.

Edit: I was having trouble as well sometimes. Tell him to make sure he is on 3g and not a company wifi when trying to add skype. not sure why it gave me problems but it did.

cdjh

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Actually Skype was not an option in the add ons list when I just tried. I had it working before. But I wiped the phone and reinstated a newer version of fring yesterday. did they get rid of the Skype add on?

Edit: I'd upload a pic of the add ons list but I can't from my Evo and I'm working. But there is noticeably one add-on missing from the list and no Skype.

Last edited:

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I used to have Skype installed as an add-on with Fring (even did a test call with my wife to her Skype account). I didn't run any update from the market and now, the Skype add-on is missing.

Blubble#AC

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Same here. My Skype add-on just disappeared since I used it last week. I had used it several times to video chat with others on the PC version of Skype.

Skype is still listed on their network, so I'm not sure what gives. Let's hope it's just a temporary outage.

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I used skype this morning and then two minutes after using it I went back to see if my buddy was still online and it disappeared. I wonder if it has anything to do with all the connection issues they have been having since yesterday.

OrionNE

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Skype Missing.

What the heck. I just used Fring with Skype yesterday. Today the addon is gone. No warning no announcement. They give it to the IPhone and take it away from us.

This sux.

:mad:

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

cdjh

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Ridiculous. So there is now no way to chat evo to pc. That is really dumb on their part. If the servers were so loaded down with Skype chat, it only shows how popular it was. Some bright developer needs to fill the void here. even charge for it, people would buy it.

Blubble#AC

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well that blows. Skype video chat was the best part of Fring since you could connect to users on PC Skype.

Now we're limited to video chat with iPhone 4 and EVO users only. It's almost as pointless as Facetime.

It's supposedly temporary, so hopefully they'll bring it back soon.

upperking#AC

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Well today fring was updated on iphone with video chat, just so happens fring disabled the video chat for android users..hmmm sounds like fring just jumped in bed with apple and kicked android to the curb.. they cleared all the android users off the servers for the iphone 4G...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

LipGloss712

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Oh no! My bf and I were going too chat this way since he's moving back to Philly next week and he doesn't have an evo. I'm headed out there in a few months.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49