06-26-2018 12:34 PM
562 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    Wayne, I have Squeeze Ctrl. Love it. One thing I'd like. It may already be there and I just can't find it.

On the Play screen (album cover displayed) I would like to see the song progress bar shown. If I tap the screen if displays. It then times out and goes away. How may I make it display and stay displayed whenever I access this screen?

Thanks for your help and I look forward to your reply.
    Go to Preferences > Controls and disable "Auto-hide Progress Bar". This will stop it from auto-hiding when the app is in the foreground, but it will still hide the bar when you exit, send the app to the background, or disconnect from the server.
    12-07-2016 06:21 PM
    Ok, thanks for the answer.

I thought it would be possible to create or give the possibility to create a button for each Player/Zone in the home screen or maybe as a Widget. I thought maybe more people are interested in this.
    I understand the way you wrote it, but you have first to double klick and then return back, two more klicks for a action im using relatively often.
    Maybe i am only too lazy

Greetings Perlhuhn2001
    Yes, technically it's possible to add power items for other players to the home menu, but I really feel that they don't belong there. Everything going on in the 3 panels of the main display is about the currently selected player. Having controls for other players there is out of place and borderline bad design.

Also, since the home menu is editable, adding those items is not as easy as it seems and certain not really worth the effort considering the lack of user request for it.
    12-07-2016 06:32 PM
    Thank you for your work, great app !

Do you plan to realise an Android TV version ?

Thanks
    12-08-2016 04:41 AM
    Thank you for your work, great app !

Do you plan to realise an Android TV version ?

Thanks
    I've been considering this on and off for a while. The existing tablet interface with the sliding panels is just not workable for a control pad and none of the widgets and controls that Google provides for use on the TV is well suited for a complex menu system either. Since there's not a huge demand for it, I just going to wait and see if I eventually have an "AHA" moment on a workable design.
    12-08-2016 07:24 PM
    Squeeze Control for Android (support thread)-screenshot_2016-12-11-13-14-46.jpg
    I did that and the progress bar still disappears. Odd.

I am running Android Marshmallow on a Galaxy S5 Phone.
    12-11-2016 12:21 PM
    You have to disable; ie. un-check Auto-hide Progress Bar
    12-12-2016 11:16 PM
    Duh. Sorry. Done now. Thanks.

This is a great app. really. Love it.
    12-14-2016 09:15 AM
    Hi,

I have an issue with this app.
    When I open the app (mostly through the notification), and I go to the playlist, it sometimes doesn't scroll up or down. When I try again, it will move the song which I'm touching at that moment. When I release my finger and try again, the scrolling goes fine.
    Do you know what the issue can be? And is there a way to provide you some kind of log to help you find the issue?

I'm using a nexus 6p with android 7.1.1
    12-25-2016 06:01 AM
    Hi,

I have an issue with this app.
    When I open the app (mostly through the notification), and I go to the playlist, it sometimes doesn't scroll up or down. When I try again, it will move the song which I'm touching at that moment. When I release my finger and try again, the scrolling goes fine.
    Do you know what the issue can be? And is there a way to provide you some kind of log to help you find the issue?

I'm using a nexus 6p with android 7.1.1
    You are probably just hovering over an item too long before you moved your finger to scroll and the app detected it as a long press to reorder the playlist.
    12-25-2016 06:21 AM
    No that isn't the case. This happens a lot, even with very brief touche.
    12-25-2016 06:21 AM
    No that isn't the case. This happens a lot, even with very brief touche.
    Your swipe has too much of a horizontal component to register as a vertical swipe hence no scrolling, but not horizontal enough to swipe an item for delete. Instead the whole swipe is registered as the beginning of a long press. The subsquent touch triggers the end of the long press, hence the reordering.

Just try to swipe more vertically.
    12-25-2016 06:47 AM
    Your swipe has too much of a horizontal component to register as a vertical swipe hence no scrolling, but not horizontal enough to swipe an item for delete. Instead the whole swipe is registered as the beginning of a long press. The subsquent touch triggers the end of the long press, hence the reordering.

Just try to swipe more vertically.
    Haha. Really. OK, I also tried a perfect verticale movement, and guess what? It happened again.
    12-25-2016 06:56 AM
    Can I provide you with more info to resolve this issue?
    12-27-2016 05:18 AM
    Can I provide you with more info to resolve this issue?
    Ok, I did some testing on my Pixel. The only time it happens consistently is when I open the app from the lock screen notification, opening from the notification in the drawer does not produce the same result.

When the app reopens, the playlist is redrawn and it seems that the touch is catching it during the redraw. Unfortunately, there really is not too much I can do. The app requests the redraw the same way no matter how it's reopened so it seems that for some reason when it's opened from the lock screen the redraw sometimes runs slower or doesn't quite complete. It looks like a glitch in the system and I don't think there's any good way to work around it.
    12-27-2016 06:04 AM
    My work flow is, I unlock my nexus 6p with my fingerprint and click the persistent notification in the notification drawer. And then it happens. Not always but regularly.

Good that you can reproduce it. I hope someday you will find a solution.
    12-27-2016 06:08 AM
    Maybe a forced refresh on opening the app would be a good workaround?
    12-27-2016 06:17 AM
    Maybe a forced refresh on opening the app would be a good workaround?
    That's what the app is already doing and it's part of what's causing the problem. For some reason, right after the phone unlocks, the refresh doesn't seem to quite finish.
    12-27-2016 06:22 AM
    When I navigatie through the app and then go the playlist, it also hangs sometimes.
    12-27-2016 10:51 AM
    After a recent update to your app, every time I open the app, I get a pop up saying: "Cast to a nearby device". The pop can not be closed and I can't do anything else with the phone until I reboot it. Any help would be appreciated. Love the app normally!
    12-28-2016 03:04 PM
    I too am having a chromecast issue after the latest update. It automatically connects to chromecast. how do i go back 1 version?
    12-30-2016 03:45 PM
    After a recent update to your app, every time I open the app, I get a pop up saying: "Cast to a nearby device". The pop can not be closed and I can't do anything else with the phone until I reboot it. Any help would be appreciated. Love the app normally!
    I too am having a chromecast issue after the latest update. It automatically connects to chromecast. how do i go back 1 version?
    The automatic casting seems to be bug (or maybe future feature?) Google introduced in a recent update to Google Home or maybe Google Play: https://productforums.google.com/for...st/00b79rIKacA

Rebooting the phone may help or uninstalling Google Home could possibly help too.

I think it only affects some versions of Android. I don't experience it on my Pixel.
    12-30-2016 10:29 PM
    I would like to request an additional way to choose a different server for my current player. Reason: I keep always looking for it.

I imagine a good place could be the player manager. Why don't show players from other servers too and allow drop and drag to assign a player to a different server or a synced group? The necessary procedure to sync two players is not very intuitive/ easy by the way. I always end up syncing in the wrong player as parent so my playlist is gone.

BTW: is there a known working way to show lyrics with this or with an other app?
    01-04-2017 02:56 PM
    I would like to request an additional way to choose a different server for my current player. Reason: I keep always looking for it.

I imagine a good place could be the player manager. Why don't show players from other servers too and allow drop and drag to assign a player to a different server or a synced group? The necessary procedure to sync two players is not very intuitive/ easy by the way. I always end up syncing in the wrong player as parent so my playlist is gone.

BTW: is there a known working way to show lyrics with this or with an other app?
    Sorry, but I'll have to say no to both ideas.

For the server switching, it will require the app to connect to an arbitrary number servers at the same time for it to work reliably and that would require such a fundamental change to how the app works that it's really not worth it for one minor feature.

For the drag and drop syncing, that type of interface is really inefficient when you want to sync multiple players and even for a single player I find it really clunky. Besides, drag and drop interfaces are a pain to implement and prone to errors and it's not worth the trouble when it's just duplicating a existing function that already works quite well.

As to the lyrics, there is a plugin you can get for the server. I don't remember the name of it though. Just go to the plugins page of your server settings, scroll down the list and you should be able to find it.
    01-04-2017 09:28 PM
    Just bought Squeeze Crtl a month ago and love it, had been using Orange Squeeze for a year or 2 but this is way better.

Question - I cant figure out how to get a different background color for each player (I have 2 or 3 players running). If I change the default background color all players pick up that color. Is it possible to have each player a different color and if so how?

NO DON"T WORRY, I found out how to do it!

Cheers
    01-10-2017 03:56 PM
    Hi there,
    on my device Squeeze CTRL still download files twice and names them sth like 01_Letitbe.mp3 and 01_Letitbe-1.mp3 etc. I think I have asked before but couldn't there be the possibility to ignore these files and not download them?
    Apart from that the app is supergreat...
    01-17-2017 02:14 PM
562 ... 1718192021 ...