10-19-2019 03:41 PM
605 ... 232425
tools
    Hello Wayne,

thank you for your reactivityv ! I too discovered Michael's data files plug-in recently, thanks to one of the guys at Audiophonics, a major French retailer in the Hifi area. I suspected something like what you describe was at work with PDFs' handling, but didn't think the plug-in itself was to be incriminated. Good enough that you and Michael will consider including a small mod into your next update. This PDF display feature is not fundamental to a control point such as Squeeze Ctrl, however, it contributes to making Roon superfluous in the LMS ecosystyem despite Roon's impressive musical database integration.

The one thing I'm still puzzled at is that TXT files do display alright within the Squeeze Ctrl UI, and I've observed (at least on my new Huawei tablet) that when I tap a TXT filename from w<ithin Squeeze Ctrl, a request is initiated to run a 3rd-party text display app (an Android pop-up opens and I get a choice of HTML Viewer, WPS Text, or Chrome), and of course the file itself is downloaded by LMS from the server in the background. This made me think that the PDF issue was an Android integration issue for Squeeze Ctrl, rather than a handshaking issue with Michael's plug-in in LMS..... The invocation process seems strictly identical for both TXT and PDF files, yet only the TXT files can be displayed....

Anyway, thank you again for having responded so quickly, keep up the good work !

Best regards
    JLT
    Actually I think you're mistaken about how txt files are shown. On my phone, the contents of the txt file is just shown within Squeeze Ctrl instead of using an external app.

Text files work because the base Squeezebox system already has a defined method for apps to receive and display long pieces of text, so LMS can just read the text file and directly send the contents to the app, and I guess Micheal took advantage of that for the plugin.

For pdf's LMS cannot read the file so it has to send a link to it for the app to open and that is not part of the base Squeezebox system.
    09-19-2019 03:23 AM
    Hi there,
    I'm using Daphile on an Intel NUC. Your app is very efficient but I have a problem: I can't find any button to shutdown my server. I can't understand. I used orange squeeze and I had this elemantary option. I have to open Chrome and close Daphile manually, by Web interface. Any idea ? Thanks for your job.
    10-08-2019 05:07 PM
    Hi there,
    I'm using Daphile on an Intel NUC. Your app is very efficient but I have a problem: I can't find any button to shutdown my server. I can't understand. I used orange squeeze and I had this elemantary option. I have to open Chrome and close Daphile manually, by Web interface. Any idea ? Thanks for your job.
    I have an update in beta right now that has that exact function in the server page in preferences. I going to wait a little to see if there are any reports of problems before I fully release it.

You can opt-in to the beta with this URL: https://play.google.com/apps/testing...id.squeezectrl
    10-09-2019 11:55 PM
    I have an update in beta right now that has that exact function in the server page in preferences. I going to wait a little to see if there are any reports of problems before I fully release it.

You can opt-in to the beta with this URL: https://play.google.com/apps/testing...id.squeezectrl
    Hi again,

Unfortunately, the server crash when I'm trying to shutdown. So I have to restart it in My browser. No gain for now. With Daphile, The command shutdown the server and the NUC. When I restart, Squeeze Ctrl doesn't find the server quickly. It takes few attempts. Any idea ?
    10-13-2019 03:14 PM
    Hi again,

Unfortunately, the server crash when I'm trying to shutdown. So I have to restart it in My browser. No gain for now. With Daphile, The command shutdown the server and the NUC. When I restart, Squeeze Ctrl doesn't find the server quickly. It takes few attempts. Any idea ?
    There's no way for Squeeze Ctrl to send a command to shutdown the actual machine, by that I mean it can't send a linux shutdown command. It can only send the shutdown command for LMS.

When you restart the server, it takes time to boot up and load on the software and until LMS is running, there's no way for Squeeze Ctrl to find the server.
    10-19-2019 03:41 PM
605 ... 232425