Squeeze Control for Android (support thread)

VolkerOne

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes! I mean "Reorder" as in "Edit Home Menu"!
It would be nice if you could also move the favorites in the "Favorites Menu" and could create a sub-menu in the "Favorites Menu".

rhadorn

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I appreciate SQ very much. Thanks for the good work.

My dream: browse Albums rather than Artists after selecting a genre. For classical music and my way of tagging, this would make sense.

Is there a way to do that? Will there be one in the future?

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate SQ very much. Thanks for the good work.

My dream: browse Albums rather than Artists after selecting a genre. For classical music and my way of tagging, this would make sense.

Is there a way to do that? Will there be one in the future?
Squeeze Control just shows the menus that the server gives it. Changing the progression order of the menus will have to been done on the server. You should ask this question in the Squeezebox forums: Squeezebox : Community : Forums

rhadorn

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Thaks for your answer, Wayne.

Inbetween, I have discovered that 'browsing all albums' just appears as the last artist in the artist's list. That's ok for me.

JeffNK

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I have purchased and have been using Squeeze Control for some time. All of a sudden when starting it up it shows it is doing a licence check and yields the message "Application not licensed" and invites me to repurchase it. However it shows as being already purchased in the play store, which it is. As far as I know I have not made any relevant changes to my phone.

I'm wondering if I can get some advice on this please. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone running Android version 4.3.

Thank you and regards,

Jeff

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I have purchased and have been using Squeeze Control for some time. All of a sudden when starting it up it shows it is doing a licence check and yields the message "Application not licensed" and invites me to repurchase it. However it shows as being already purchased in the play store, which it is. As far as I know I have not made any relevant changes to my phone.

I'm wondering if I can get some advice on this please. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone running Android version 4.3.

Thank you and regards,

Jeff
Squeeze Control checks it's licensing status with the Play Store app every time it starts up. For some reason your Play Store app wasn't able to update it's licensing cache the last time it tried, probably because you did not have an Internet connection at that time. The Play Store automatically updates it's cache every few days.

You can also force the Play Store to update it's licensing cache by deleting it's data in it's app info page inside android's settings or you can try rebooting the device. The next time you start Play Store it should update it's licensing cache, as long as you are connected to the Internet.

svenmo

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Dear Angrygoat Team,
Thanks, Squeeze Control is great in many ways! I especially love the widget, the controls on the lockscreen and Android Wear support.
I have one wish about volume control:
On my devices, the phone's hardware volume buttons and the Android Wear app volume buttons make only +1 and -1 volume steps. I suggest they should have the same Volume Step Size as defined in the settings.

Thanks!
Sven

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Dear Angrygoat Team,
Thanks, Squeeze Control is great in many ways! I especially love the widget, the controls on the lockscreen and Android Wear support.
I have one wish about volume control:
On my devices, the phone's hardware volume buttons and the Android Wear app volume buttons make only +1 and -1 volume steps. I suggest they should have the same Volume Step Size as defined in the settings.

Thanks!
Sven
The hardware buttons change the volume by 1, because it moves the Android volume bar that pops up by 1. So if the Squeeze Control volume changes by more, it would become out of sync with that bar. However there maybe a way around that, I'll have to run some tests.

The stock music control on Android wear behaves that way too, because it uses the same mechanism to communicate volume changes to the app. Also, it's only on Android 5.0+ devices that the stock android wear volume controls will work with Squeeze Control. BTW, in case you haven't noticed, the Play button on the stock android wear music control does not work correctly with Squeeze Control if you're using an Android 5.0+ device. I'll fix that in the next update.

If you use the custom Android Wear control that comes with Squeeze Control, that volume control should respect the volume step size.

svenmo

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi Wayne,

Thanks for your quick reply! Previously I didn't understand that there were STOCK controls involved.

Hardware Buttons: In my opinion seeing the Android Volume Bar is not important here, not as important as having the right Volume Step Size.
I don't know much about Android programming, but maybe you could either work completely without Android stock volume controls, or monitor its changes and multiply them by factor Volume Step Size. Or probably you already have a better idea in mind ;-)

Android Wear:
When Squeeze Control is running, on my watch sometimes I get the stock volume controls, sometimes the Squeeze Control controls, but usually both. The latter can be turned on and off in Squeeze Control's preferences. How can I turn on/off the Stock controls?

Wear Stock Controls: You are right, Play/Pause doesn't work correctly, sometimes it doesn't react, and the play vs. pause icons are mixed. Thank you for fixing!

Wear Squeeze Controls controls, some comments:
- At first I did not find the pause button, it does not look like Pause to me, but that may be my mistake. Should be | | rather than . .
- On a round watch like my G Watch R, The Next and Prev buttons are very close to the border and hard to hit
- In my opinion all buttons should be larger.
- It would be great to have all buttons on the same page, not having to slide left/right. Maybe overlaying the album arts picture, there's enough space?
(- it might be nice to have visual feedback while pressing a button)

Thank you!
Sven

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Hardware Buttons: In my opinion seeing the Android Volume Bar is not important here, not as important as having the right Volume Step Size.
I don't know much about Android programming, but maybe you could either work completely without Android stock volume controls, or monitor its changes and multiply them by factor Volume Step Size. Or probably you already have a better idea in mind ;-)
I agree that the volume slider is not necessary, but it is also not optional. There's no way of disabling it. However, I did find a way around it by scaling the number of steps the slider has depending on the step size.

Android Wear:
When Squeeze Control is running, on my watch sometimes I get the stock volume controls, sometimes the Squeeze Control controls, but usually both. The latter can be turned on and off in Squeeze Control's preferences. How can I turn on/off the Stock controls?
You can't disable the stock controls. It comes up if you enable media buttons. Basically Squeeze Control has to present itself to the system as media app to use any media related button and when it does that, the stock controls will automatically show up.

Wear Squeeze Controls controls, some comments:
- At first I did not find the pause button, it does not look like Pause to me, but that may be my mistake. Should be | | rather than . .
- On a round watch like my G Watch R, The Next and Prev buttons are very close to the border and hard to hit
- In my opinion all buttons should be larger.
- It would be great to have all buttons on the same page, not having to slide left/right. Maybe overlaying the album arts picture, there's enough space?
(- it might be nice to have visual feedback while pressing a button)
The display you're seeing on a round watch is not correct. It WAS correct with Android Wear 4.4W, the original version of Android Wear. However, the upgrade to 5.0 seems to have broken the round display for Squeeze Control, and there are problems for the square display too. Google never informed developers or even release a change log about the update. In fact the problems may make it impossible for the custom wear app to work the way I want it to and since the stock app basically does the exact same thing, I'm considering removing the custom app altogether.

porek388

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi
This app is superb but I have one problem. On My apps I don't see all my applications when I choose squeezelite player (installed on openelec linux). I see spotify (by Triode) and Youtube but don't see Deezer and Tunein Radio. On web UI I see all apps. I don't have such problems with another squeezelite player (WinXP), squeezeplay (Win7), SB Player (android), and SB Radio. Can You help me?

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi
This app is superb but I have one problem. On My apps I don't see all my applications when I choose squeezelite player (installed on openelec linux). I see spotify (by Triode) and Youtube but don't see Deezer and Tunein Radio. On web UI I see all apps. I don't have such problems with another squeezelite player (WinXP), squeezeplay (Win7), SB Player (android), and SB Radio. Can You help me?
Is that player registered with MySqueezebox.com? The server should do it automatically for you if it has the correct mysb credentials, but maybe something went wrong. Try restarting the server. Also login to MySB and check if you see that player.

There's also the slight possibility that the id of the player is already in use by another player somewhere in the world and your player might actually be hooked to someone else's account. Players identify themselves to mysb using both a MAC address and a UUID. I don't know how Squeezelite works, but SB Player generates a random MAC and UUID on install. Maybe Squeezelite works similarly and there is a way to change the MAC and UUID.

maxflax

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Seem like Squeeze Control is gone from Play Store. I've bought it and wanted to install on my tablet but it's no where to be found.

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Google removed Squeeze Control from the store due to supposed "Violation of the intellectual property and impersonation or deceptive behavior provisions of the Content Policy" with the ridiculous claim that the app cannot display album covers without authorization from the copyright holders.

I'm appealing the removal, but it will take some time to sort things out.

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Can I download the Squeeze Control APK from somewhere else and manually install it in the mean time?
Sorry, no. I don't like to distribute the bare apk.

If you're really desperate, there is a pirated apk of an older version somewhere out there. I don't like the fact that it's exists, but since you already bought the app I'd be ok for you to use it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22