Squeeze Control for Android (support thread)

redrum69

Jun 30, 2017
Visit site
thanks for the feedback Wayne, let me play with your ideas and get back to you with my thoughts.

I don't know if there is a way in this forum to have an e-mail sent if this thread is commented on. I guess I just lost track of the fact that you might have answered my question :) and no e-mail to bump me in the head....

Jim

bart08150190

May 20, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I like this App very much and want to install/buy it on all the family devices.
Now I have a problem with my NVIDIA shield. How can I install it there?

Bart

Last edited:

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
What is the problem on the shield? Is it a Shield Tablet or Shield TV? If it's a Shield TV, then Squeeze Ctrl is not available on Android TV devices.

Is Squeeze Ctrl not available on devices using accounts that are part of your family? I you bought the app before July 2nd, 2016, it will not be part of the Family Library.

bart08150190

May 20, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the info. It is a shield TV. Yes I have the app on my phone.
The use case is that I want to be able to use just my TV remote to control the music, not needing to always have a tablet or phone next to me.

Bart

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. It is a shield TV. Yes I have the app on my phone.
The use case is that I want to be able to use just my TV remote to control the music, not needing to always have a tablet or phone next to me.

Bart
The current control scheme of the app will not work for a controller. It depends too much on a touch interface. At some point I will probably make a controller compatible interface for Android TV, but it won't be soon.

tomfordham1

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi, after a library update today (changed media scan) album art has disappeared from the playlist panel and my music view. I have looked through settings and can't work out how to get it back. Art is still displayed fine in 'now playing'. Can you please help with this?

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi, after a library update today (changed media scan) album art has disappeared from the playlist panel and my music view. I have looked through settings and can't work out how to get it back. Art is still displayed fine in 'now playing'. Can you please help with this?
The changed media scan has a tendency to corrupt the library. To fix it you need to do a full rescan.

Last edited:

bart08150190

May 20, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I was using my own library and internet radio stations via squeeze box server running on my PC. Yesterday I tried again to use internet radio but I get a data time out. Also searching for radio stations is not possible (time out, tried tablet and phone).
The only thing I can remember what I did in the last days is an update of the SB library in the server settings on my PC.

Can you please give me a hint what I could check?

Bart

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I was using my own library and internet radio stations via squeeze box server running on my PC. Yesterday I tried again to use internet radio but I get a data time out. Also searching for radio stations is not possible (time out, tried tablet and phone).
The only thing I can remember what I did in the last days is an update of the SB library in the server settings on my PC.

Can you please give me a hint what I could check?

Bart

I'm not sure what could cause this. Do the radio stations work when you select them using the web browser interface?

bart08150190

May 20, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
Thanks for the quick response. Web interface worked but also no Radio. It seemed to be a very strange system state of my server, as accessing the SB music (and other files) on the server was possible but other services didn't work (e.g. SB Radio or TeamViewer access) and Windows Login did also not show (only windows login image).
After hard reset of server everything works as expected.

Thanks for the great support and great apps.
Bart

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

CypherMK

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Probably not, because the background has a purpose in Squeeze Ctrl, it allows you to distinguish which player you are controlling.
I didn't know that. Only have one player.

But for the people that have only one player? It would still be cool!

But I understand if you don't implement it.

CypherMK

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Probably not, because the background has a purpose in Squeeze Ctrl, it allows you to distinguish which player you are controlling.
I didn't know that. Only have one player.

But for the people that have only one player? It would still be cool!

But I understand if you don't implement it.

streifenleopard

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
each time I download a large number of files and the downloads get interrupted (eg by switching the phone off and on again or losing wlan connection) they will not resume. I end up with this very long list of entries that seem to wait to be downloaded but nothing happens and there is no way to reset the operation or to trigger downloads anew.

streifenleopard

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I doubt that it's the sim card. Probably the database that the download entries are stored in got corrupted somehow. Try reinstalling the app.

Thanks problem was finally solved by resetting all app permissions and then dynamically switching the Firewall on and off. PCs are mystical beings and so are smartphones...

MrMennens

Nov 25, 2017
Visit site
Hi there,
just received my Ticwatch S yesterday with Android Wear 2.0
Installed the android wear squeeze ctrl app right away.. but it won't start.
If the app is running on my watch i can use the notification bar on my watch to change songs, but i'm not able to do anything else...
If starting the app on my watch i receive thisscreen.png

Am i doing something wrong??

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,
just received my Ticwatch S yesterday with Android Wear 2.0
Installed the android wear squeeze ctrl app right away.. but it won't start.
If the app is running on my watch i can use the notification bar on my watch to change songs, but i'm not able to do anything else...
If starting the app on my watch i receive thisView attachment 274440

Am i doing something wrong??

The Android Wear app is not a standalone app. It requires the Squeeze Ctrl app to be installed on the phone your watch is paired with. The Wear app just sends commands to the phone app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34