Squeeze Control for Android (support thread)

spityu_zu

Aug 19, 2018
Visit site
hi, since the last update of squeeze ctrl app (ver. 2.0.7., 14 aug 2018) when i fast forward into a hi-res track (24/96 & 24/192) most of the time i get white noise-like static
ffwd works fine when i use the web remote control on my pc or when i tap the sbt's screen

Nathan Ellis

Sep 13, 2018
Visit site
This is the official support thread for Squeeze Control for Android.

Squeeze Control has been republish as Squeeze Ctrl after the former app was removed from the Play Store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.angrygoat.android.squeezectrl

For current owners who wish to purchase the republished version, email or pm me your order number and I will refund your original purchase. It looks like Google will only let me refund orders as old as late October 2013 and this limit will probably slowly move forward too.

Also, the licensing system within the original app is still functional and refunding the app will probably cause the existing app to stop working.

If you bought tablet mode, I will need the order number of that purchase as well to refund it.

Intents for use with Tasker:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...le-for-Android&p=804591&viewfull=1#post804591

Squeeze Control has been removed from Google Play due to Google's idiotic belief that the display of album covers requires the content owners authorization.

For current owners who need to sideload the app, the APK is available here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9ma4qIIb20ALWVPblcwYmVUbzQ/view?usp=sharing

This apk will never be updated.

For anyone who feel that the removal was unfair and would like to protest, I would recommend flagging the "Google Play Music" app as inappropriate with the following reason "This app is not authorized to publish album covers on behalf of the original content or brand owner"

loved it

DHSCORD

Oct 6, 2018
Visit site
Hi there,

I bought SqueezeCtrl a few months back and have one massive bugbear. I have two Squeezeboxes in my Kitchen which I use Synchronized. When changing volume I would like to be able to use the volume controls on the phone and/or the volume control on the app to change the overall volume of both players but for some reason SqueezeCtrl only allows me to control the volume of one player at a time unless I go in to Manage Players.

What am I doing wrong?

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,

I bought SqueezeCtrl a few months back and have one massive bugbear. I have two Squeezeboxes in my Kitchen which I use Synchronized. When changing volume I would like to be able to use the volume controls on the phone and/or the volume control on the app to change the overall volume of both players but for some reason SqueezeCtrl only allows me to control the volume of one player at a time unless I go in to Manage Players.

What am I doing wrong?

By default, that's how sync'd Squeezeboxes work. You can go to your server's settings and got player synchronization settings, you can tell the players to sync they're volumes.

Squeeze Ctrl is designed around controlling one player at a time, so it can't change the volume of multiple players without almost completely rewriting the app. "Manage Players" was a special case scenario added to handle those situations. As a compromise, you can double tap the player name on the main screen as a shortcut to "Manage Players"

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
hi, since the last update of squeeze ctrl app (ver. 2.0.7., 14 aug 2018) when i fast forward into a hi-res track (24/96 & 24/192) most of the time i get white noise-like static
ffwd works fine when i use the web remote control on my pc or when i tap the sbt's screen

I'm not sure what's going on. Squeeze Ctrl has zero access to the audio stream it should be impossible for it to cause audio problems. When you press ffwd, all it does is send a skip command to the server, the same command that the SBT is sending.

Shakeydeal

Nov 21, 2018
Visit site
How does one change any of the Tidal functions when in squeeze ctrl? Things like audio quality, album view, etc.? If I change these parameters from my desktop they don't transfer over to squeeze ctrl.

Thanks,

Shakey

HankDee

Apr 17, 2018
Visit site
After recent update, can't delete the flag that says to turn off battery optimization. Did turn off that but going back to program that page with the warning is still there and I can't get rid of it. Can't start the program. On my Samsung tablet and the zenphone...

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
After recent update, can't delete the flag that says to turn off battery optimization. Did turn off that but going back to program that page with the warning is still there and I can't get rid of it. Can't start the program. On my Samsung tablet and the zenphone...

Are you sure you turned the optimization off for the correct app? Also, some devices have a third state that's halfway between on and off and that selection won't work.

If nothing else works, try reinstalling the app.

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I think you can change the audio quality in the Tidal app in Squeeze Ctrl. Not sure about the rest.
How does one change any of the Tidal functions when in squeeze ctrl? Things like audio quality, album view, etc.? If I change these parameters from my desktop they don't transfer over to squeeze ctrl.

Thanks,

Shakey

redrum69

Jun 30, 2017
Visit site
Mute/Pause on phone calls - Wayne something I noticed by mistake, just a fyi, if you have both: preferences>general>Pause on Phone call, and ...>Mute on Phone call selected, it does neither. I must have fat fingered it into this state, and wondered "why is it not pausing?" Unchecking one, works as expected.

I didn't search to see if this has been mentioned previously, sorry if it has.

Jim

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Mute/Pause on phone calls - Wayne something I noticed by mistake, just a fyi, if you have both: preferences>general>Pause on Phone call, and ...>Mute on Phone call selected, it does neither. I must have fat fingered it into this state, and wondered "why is it not pausing?" Unchecking one, works as expected.

I didn't search to see if this has been mentioned previously, sorry if it has.

Jim
You're right, the muting seems to be broken.

Blue_Rookie

Feb 21, 2019
Visit site
Hi Wayne.
Sorry to post here but I had Squeezecontrol for my Android but my phone died spectacularly and I lost everything.

I have been tying to get this control back as I loved it - I have managed to sideload the .apk on my new Moto6 - thanks.

However on launch it comes up with error validating license. App not managed by Google Play and then closes. I no longer have the emails from yourself from my order.

Can I a) get this to work without Google Pay? b)do you have a record of who you have sold to to validate my license or c)how much would another license cost? (Assuming it will work outside of Google Pay?)

Thank you.

wayne@angrygoat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi Wayne.
Sorry to post here but I had Squeezecontrol for my Android but my phone died spectacularly and I lost everything.

I have been tying to get this control back as I loved it - I have managed to sideload the .apk on my new Moto6 - thanks.

However on launch it comes up with error validating license. App not managed by Google Play and then closes. I no longer have the emails from yourself from my order.

Can I a) get this to work without Google Pay? b)do you have a record of who you have sold to to validate my license or c)how much would another license cost? (Assuming it will work outside of Google Pay?)

Thank you.
It does not work without Google Play.

greinedo

Feb 23, 2019
Visit site
Since last update, Squeeze Ctrl crashed at startup on my old tablet

Hi Wayne,

I'm sorry to relate my issue. Today I updated the app on my very old tablet Galaxy Tab S7.7 with custom rom Dirty Unicorns. This tablet drives for year with great sucess and pleasure my hifi system through LMS, PieCorePlayer and Squeeze Ctrl.
Unfortunately since update, Squeeze Ctrl stopped working on this tablet (FC at start), altough is working on my S6 and S8 phones. The Tablet still runs trouble free any new app from google play so I don't think It's a hardware/os issue.
I there anything I can do or is it now time to change the tablet ?
Anyway, thanks a lot for this great app !
Dominique