I just got done setting up my wife's new phone and my new phone (HTC Aria). I have google voice numbers for both, and setup google voice apps on each phone. I set the settings to "use google voice for all outgoing calls". On my phone, so far, all of my outgoing calls have used google voice. However, for my wife's phone, some calls use google voice and some calls don't.

Does anyone have any thoughts?
    07-09-2010 07:17 PM
    Or, an acceptable solution would be if I could somehow change the caller ID function to show my GV number on outgoing calls instead of my carrier number. I see a setting in GV to do this, but it says it has to send my phone an SMS message, which I don't want to do. Is there a way to get around the SMS way of doing it? SMS's cost money.
    07-09-2010 07:24 PM
    you need to go to your google voice account on the gv website to have it show your gv number. as for the 1st problem, do you both have the htc aria?
    07-09-2010 07:44 PM
    you need to go to your google voice account on the gv website to have it show your gv number. as for the 1st problem, do you both have the htc aria?
    That setting only affects text messages, not for outgoing calls (but nonetheless, I have that option checked on both accounts).

Yes, we both have the HTC Aria.
    07-09-2010 08:03 PM
    Anyone have any suggestions? I am pretty sure I have both phones set up the same way, and mine works fine but hers does not.
    07-20-2010 05:18 AM
    However, for my wife's phone, some calls use google voice and some calls don't.
    How are you determining this? The dialing screen? Usage?

I see a setting in GV to do this, but it says it has to send my phone an SMS message, which I don't want to do. Is there a way to get around the SMS way of doing it? SMS's cost money.
    What option are you referring to? What you're stating makes no sense to me. How is sending an SMS germane to outbound caller ID?

you need to go to your google voice account on the gv website to have it show your gv number.
    That only applies to inbound calls.
    http://www.google.com/support/voice/...&answer=117329
    07-20-2010 07:49 AM
    How are you determining this? The dialing screen? Usage?
    I have both phones side by side. I make a call from one to the other. Also, to make sure it wasn't an issue with my address book on my phone, I also called our landline phone. The caller ID from my phone shows the GV number. The caller ID from her phone shows her non-GV number. Additionally, when I make a call, I get a momentary GV screen, which then jumps to the stock phone screen. With her phone, it just goes straight to the stock phone screen.

What option are you referring to? What you're stating makes no sense to me. How is sending an SMS germane to outbound caller ID?
    I don't understand it either. If I am accessing GV from my phone, you would think that it is an authorized device. Anyway, you get to that setting by being in the GV app, then menu, settings, then "this phone's number". The options are my mobile number, my home number (which I assume is there because I have it entered on the GV website as a forward-able number, and then "add this phone". I was assuming this is where I could change the outgoing number on the caller ID.

Just to be certain, I have the "Making Calls" setting to "Use Google Voice to make all calls". I have unchecked and then rechecked this setting, and still no change.
    07-20-2010 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD