Been searching through pages and pages of searches but can't seem to find something I'm looking for. Was hoping someone else may have seen something like this in the App Store:

Would like to have a small application that could be updated by both desktop or mobile device that displays the shedules of our employees during the day. We are an electrical construction company like most everyone else we have a large white board with the names of all our electricians down the left hand side and at least two weeks of look ahead days extending to the right. In each of the blocks for each days we list which job(s) each person is assigned to. Typically, towards quitting time we have people calling in to see where they are supposed to be the next day. Rather than do that it would be nice to have an app that stores this same kind of information on screen view that can at least be seen by everyone but it would also be nice to be able to update it from either a PC or a mobile device with admin rights.

I've thought of just using an excel spreadsheet and putting in a drop box account. But then I got to thinking that I'm sure someone out there has addressed this issue before. Just about every contractor or service group has this same sort of need. Would appreciate hearing from anyone that can give me some pointers in the right direction to look at apps already created that do what I'm looking for.

Thank you in advance.

Steven Leuck
    10-18-2012 03:45 PM
    why not create a Gmail Google Calendar for each employee and grant every employee access to that special "work" Gmail calendar? you can do this in "Settings" and select "Share This Calendar". this way all employees can share their calendars with each other and everyone can access each other calendars from any device anywhere in the world 24/7/365. no special software or hardware to buy, no difficult set up required.

The Best Ways to Use Google Calendar With a Small Business
    by Shelley Frost, Demand Media
    Small businesses often work on a limited budget, but you still have options for cutting edge technology. Google Calendar is a program that provides a functional option for tracking employee activity and sharing appointments among the entire staff. Understanding the potential uses for Google Calendar allows you to maximize its functionality in your workplace.
    The Google Calendar app provides simplified scheduling for the office. Individual employees can insert appointments and other activities into their own calendars. The system has an option for sending an email notification as a reminder of scheduled events. Appointments can be shared between various employees, making it easier to schedule group projects or meetings. This option also lets you monitor employee schedules. If your business includes scheduling appointments for clients, the Google Calendar is a way to track those appointments. When the calendar is shared, different staff members are able to schedule customer appointments without double booking.
    Time Management
    The Google Calendar offers a time management tool for your staff members. In addition to special appointments like meetings or a client consultation, staff members can use the calendar to break down the day. Encourage employees to pencil in the general activities they need to complete during the day. This helps break the day up into manageable chunks to better allocate time to different tasks and projects.
    Remote Access
    For staff members who frequently travel or work away from the office, Google Calendar has features to keep them connected. The app works on any operating system with an Internet connection, including smartphones, allowing your traveling employees to check their individual calendars and any shared calendar events. Employees can also access the calendar from home after hours to check upcoming events for the following day so they are able to prepare if necessary.
    Website Calendar
    The Google Calendar program allows you to expand how you share your calendar by allowing integration into your website. The calendar settings offer the option to turn the calendar into a format compatible with your website, including XML and HTML. This allows you to post upcoming public events for your business. You are also able to incorporate due-date reminders on the website, such as the date payments are due for regular clients.

The Best Ways to Use Google Calendar With a Small Business | Chron.com
    10-18-2012 05:17 PM
    Thought about using Google Calendars -- thanks for the suggestion. I use it myself. Unfortunately I think it's too complicated for my non-technical staff to figure it out or use it easily. They tend to give up on something if get's too hard for them to figure out or maintain. If anyone has run across anything else I'd sure appreciate hearing about it. I'm pasting a picture of our schedule board so you can see what I'm looking to move from the real world into the digital world.Personnel Schedule-schedboard03.jpg
    10-19-2012 01:26 PM