Hi all,

Hope someone can help here. I have a play store Gnex. It's running stock 4.1.2. I'm using GV integration with my Google voice number as my primary number. I have Go sms pro as my messaging app. When I text someone I see it saying 'sent by Google voice' all good that way.

When they reply though it comes in as a separate text with an odd number that is not the number of the person I texted. Now if I look in the Google voice app the same reply is in the right persons message.

I'm at a loss as to how to fix this. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    10-19-2012 08:51 PM
    Within Google Voice, go into settings, sync & notifications.
    Change "receive text messages" to "via Google voice app". Probably also want to disable the text message notifications in Google voice to prevent duplicate notifications.

Sidenote: the most recent Go SMS update seems to have broken Go SMS notifications for GV Integration-received texts. Not sure how to resolve that - I reverted to native messaging app.

Good Luck!
    Sean
    10-20-2012 08:21 AM
    Tried that, didn't work. All that did was to have all the replies go to GV and not to SMS pro. Switched it back and get the replies like before with the different number.

Thanks for the try. I'll keep working on it.

10-20-2012 02:43 PM
    please keep us posted.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    10-20-2012 03:37 PM
    Nothing yet I have to report. I have an email out to the developer. Hopefully i'll get a response by Monday.

If anyone else has a suggestion I'd much appreciate it.

10-20-2012 08:09 PM
    Well I have a partial success here. I uninstalled both gv integration and go sms pro. Then I rebooted and reinstalled both.

First though I ran go sms first then I got gv int started.

Now when I send a text it goes through saying sent by Google voice. When they reply though it does come to the correct thread as being received from Google voice. Along with still the same reply coming in with the different number as before.

When I started this topic I wasn't even getting it in the correct text. So I still have work to do.

10-21-2012 08:19 PM