I've tried most of the major launchers - ADW, Go, Launcher Pro,, Holo, Nova, etc. I like that most have the option to set the app drawer as continuous vertical instead of horizontal paginated. I think it's much more enjoyable to smoothly zip up and down instead of going page by page.

However, I have not seen a launcher which does a vertical continuous for the homescreen. That is, instead of a fixed number of pages like most, there would just be a single continuous screen that can be scrolled. Similar to Windows Phone. Closest I've seen is Launcher 7 that mimics Windows Phone and Crome, which also looks quite different from typical Android. I'd prefer something where the widgets & icons still look like Android.
    10-20-2012 02:35 PM
    Try ssLauncher. You can definitely make vertically scrolling homescreens, but the ultra customizability might be overload for some people.
    10-20-2012 03:20 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion! Yes, looks like you can just put icons & widgets below the current level and the homescreen will automatically scroll vertically - pretty cool. But yeah, it's quite customizable and also looks quite different so not sure how well it will work out! Hopefully there will be a new launcher or an option on one of the existing launchers (I've sent emails to developers of a couple of hem) where the homescreen can scroll vertically but otherwise the phone looks & acts more like "typical" Android.
    10-20-2012 05:40 PM