Google Calendar Sync help?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I've managed to duplicate a bunch of calendar events on both my Exchange Calendar and Google Calendar, and sync both of them to my phone. So now I've got a bunch of duplicate entries on the phone.

EAS is my primary calendar: I can't delete those. I have deleted all the calendar events from my Google calendar. But I can't get them off the phone.

I've sync'd the Android calendar with google, but it won't delete the duplicate appointments. (Nor has it added them to Google, so it doesn't seem like it's really syncing.)

Is there a way to have the google calendar overwrite the entries in the Android calendar so I can get rid of the duplicates? Or any way to delete all entries from the calendar on the phone?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
1. it sounds like the duplicates are on the EVO "Phone" Calendar. not sure how to clear the Phone Calendar but i think there is a way in the settings.
2. a PIA but possible solution might be a factory reset and then a restore for everything but Calendar using the "MyBackupPro" App for $4.99. do a final sync and then a back up to SDcard with it and then a factory reset. then do a restore but do not check "Calendar". then do a re-sync with Google and EAS and you should be good to go. the "MyBackupPro" is the best back up app for Android IMO and it's a good one to have anyway. i set it for 5 past weekly auto scheduled back ups in case of the improbable but possible event that the Google servers go poof - i'll still have my data/PIM back ups from the 5 prior weeks.

good luck.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. I'm hoping to avoid the factory reset, but it is an option. I am using MyBackup, as well as Titanium, so I should be able to recover okay, but as you say it's a pain.

The duplicates are definitely in in the Google calendar, not the phone calendar, because if I go to settings in the calendar and deselect the display of my google calendar they go away.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn