I've tried newsrob and feedr. They have good points that i like but not everything i want. Yes i will be fussy with my apps.

Here are the criterias:
    1. Widget that displays the rss
    2. Scrollable Widget that shows the header. On click would bring up the whole feed (Optional)
    3. Perhaps have a tab that allows you to see base on the folders (Optional)
    4. seamlessly synchronizes with Google reader
    5. Able to read loaded rss feed offline
    6. Heaps of notification settings
    7. Settings for refresh interval

Newsrob does almost all i want except which is a big issue is a widget that displays the rss feed not just a small notification of unread rss...
    07-12-2010 02:21 AM
    Let me know when you find one, been looking myself. I actually paid for Newsrob to get the widgets only to find out that they were fairly useless. The HTC news widget is pretty good, if only it had a way to add multiple sources to the widget itself and allow you to scroll through (tabs would be awesome).
    07-12-2010 06:52 AM
    If you don't mind paying $1.99, FeedR is the best I've found. It meets all of your criteria except 2 and 3.

FeedR News Reader - Android app on AppBrain
    07-12-2010 06:54 AM
    i tested and paid for: newsrob, greader, feedr and one other. i also used the stock news applications. i usually pay since these apps need to be developed. happy profits will keep the developers working hard. that way our experience with android will continue to improve. besides, even the most expensive apps are really cheap!
    i have settled on feedr. for me, feedr is as good, functional as google reader running in firefox. but, i say try out several rss readers each for several days. your taste may be differrent than mine. ie., i moved away from one rss reader that i otherwise liked because while it was really slick and all of the features were there i thought it forced closed too often. for the next guy, forced closes may not be so bad because they have their system set up differently than mine.
    07-12-2010 08:13 AM
    @darrylb How do you compare gReader to feedr? I'm currently using gReader which I found it to be the only free option that has a good user experience. I wouldn't mind paying for feedr if it's better. Judging from the screenshots, feedr has a nice UI.

How do you compare the two?

EDIT: apparantly there is more than one greader. I'm referring to this one.
    07-12-2010 09:44 AM
    @darrylb How do you compare gReader to feedr? I'm currently using gReader which I found it to be the only free option that has a good user experience. I wouldn't mind paying for feedr if it's better. Judging from the screenshots, feedr has a nice UI.

How do you compare the two?

EDIT: apparantly there is more than one greader. I'm referring to this one.

for me greader installed with a UI very similar to google reader in my desktop browser. i had to play around with feedr to get the UI working the way that i was used to in google reader. my reason to go with feedr was it seemed to be very stable. with other rss apps i seem to have fc and even random reboots.
    07-12-2010 02:59 PM
    to be clear, i'm not criticizing any app or its developer. i think that individual users, like myself, make our smartphones experience fc or random reboots as we mix our smorgasborgh of various apps and fiddle around with settings. some combinations work and some combinations of software can be associated with random reboots and fc. let's face it software is not perfect, so as we pile it on the mixture becomes even more imperfect. on my evo i noticed random reboots when i used greader. i also have had some with feedr, but seemingly fewer.
    maybe it is just me or the individual user. people tell me that i click too fast when i'm using my desktop, thing would run more smoothly if i gave the pc time. maybe i touch my touch screen too fast and too often
    07-12-2010 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD