Ok so I recently changed over all my email and IM to Gmail and Gtalk...however, when I got my Incredible, I sent up just some random Gmail account and figured I'd set up a permanent account later so I did. Problem is now, I can't seem to change the defaulted Gtalk account to the email and SN I wanna use on a regular basis. I try logging out of the defaulted SN, going back and logging in to the one I wanna use but it just logs right back in automatically to the defaulted SN. I had no auto sign in unchecked in the settings but it's not helping at all. Is there anyway you guys know of to fix this or am I stuck with having some random Gtalk SN as my permanent?
    07-12-2010 10:38 AM
    In order to change your primary/default Google account, you have to do a full reset of the phone. So you should back up your SMS (if you want to), sync your apps with AppBrain (optional), and then reset your device so you can sign in with the account you want to use as your default.
    dreedy1 likes this.
    07-12-2010 11:05 AM
    yea i ran into the same problem. and it wont be convenient for you to make a secondary account as active sync only supports one gmail account. if you absolutely want it out then a hard reset is the way to go. if you dont want to lose your data (Ie you can always back your apps up via appbrain and data via Lookout AV) then just use some 3rd party email client, i personally use K-9 Mail, it uses less mem then the stock gmail anyways and it feature IMAP Idle which uses barely and power. hope that helps.
    dreedy1 likes this.
    07-12-2010 11:14 AM
    In order to change your primary/default Google account, you have to do a full reset of the phone. So you should back up your SMS (if you want to), sync your apps with AppBrain (optional), and then reset your device so you can sign in with the account you want to use as your default.
    Question...most of my apps I'm not worried bout because I can re download them because they didn't cost anything. However, I did purchase Touchdown for Exchange for my company email. I noticed on the SD card there is a license file for that on there...will I be able to redownload my apps like Touchdown that I have already paid for w/o paying again if I do a hard reset?
    07-12-2010 11:27 AM
    that is correct. i think you have to contact the developer and let him know because it depends
    dreedy1 likes this.
    07-12-2010 11:29 AM
    that is correct. i think you have to contact the developer and let him know because it depends
    Ok...thanks alot!
    07-12-2010 11:32 AM
    Question...most of my apps I'm not worried bout because I can re download them because they didn't cost anything. However, I did purchase Touchdown for Exchange for my company email. I noticed on the SD card there is a license file for that on there...will I be able to redownload my apps like Touchdown that I have already paid for w/o paying again if I do a hard reset?
    I'm honestly not sure since doing the process will also change the Google account that the Market uses to authenticate with for Checkout. I would contact the developer and see what they have to say. Explain the situation (I'm sure they've probably had similar cases before) and they may be able to help you out.
    dreedy1 likes this.
    07-12-2010 11:34 AM
    I'm honestly not sure since doing the process will also change the Google account that the Market uses to authenticate with for Checkout. I would contact the developer and see what they have to say. Explain the situation (I'm sure they've probably had similar cases before) and they may be able to help you out.
    Thanks ock!
    07-12-2010 11:44 AM
    Will a factory reset on an Android device erase the activation of the phone number and service itself?...will I have to have the phone reactivated?
    07-12-2010 11:56 AM
    Will a factory reset on an Android device erase the activation of the phone number and service itself?...will I have to have the phone reactivated?
    It shouldn't. The service and phone number is tied in with your provider whereas resetting the phone is just wiping the local data. What phone and what carrier?
    07-12-2010 12:05 PM
    It shouldn't. The service and phone number is tied in with your provider whereas resetting the phone is just wiping the local data. What phone and what carrier?
    Verizon...HTC Incredible. I've had to do that before with my BB's and it didn't wipe the number off the phone...just wanted to make sure Android wasn't different...didn't think it would but just curious.
    07-12-2010 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD