What I'd like to know is if apps that I have now on my Storm will be available in the Android Market? I can't access the Android Market, that I know of, until I have the phone. Or can I? I've made a list and hope that all or most of the apps I have now will be available. Thanks!
    07-12-2010 10:38 AM
    Totally different operating systems. It is very likely you'll be able to find 99% of what you're looking for in the Android Market.
    07-12-2010 11:21 AM
    99%+1 if youre willing to pay for some of them
    07-12-2010 11:24 AM
    Use AppBrain to view the apps until you get your phone.
    07-12-2010 11:25 AM
    What I'd like to know is if apps that I have now on my Storm will be available in the Android Market? I can't access the Android Market, that I know of, until I have the phone. Or can I? I've made a list and hope that all or most of the apps I have now will be available. Thanks!
    What do you have on your Storm now? I'm sure we can tell you which are on Android or not. Most of the more popular ones (like Viigo) I'm sure will eventually come to Android because it's becoming such a huge market. And there's plenty that are similar already anyway.

I had a Storm and really don't miss any of the apps, especially Quickpull You're going to love Android!
    07-12-2010 11:31 AM
    Oh come on, no quickpull?!? LOL! J/K. I didn't have a ton of apps since it would cause memory problems and........well you know the deal. The ones I currently have loaded are as follows:

BBScanner (I believe this one is called Scanner Radio on Android)
    CardStar
    iheartradio
    Pandora
    Poynt (But I've heard I won't miss this one either with Google Maps and other included programs)
    Shazam (I know there is one in the Market called SoundHound or something similar so I'll have to decide which is better)
    Slacker Radio

I guess that's it for now, but I'll be asking again if I think of any more.

Thanks guys!
    07-12-2010 05:23 PM
    Oh come on, no quickpull?!? LOL! J/K. I didn't have a ton of apps since it would cause memory problems and........well you know the deal. The ones I currently have loaded are as follows:

BBScanner (I believe this one is called Scanner Radio on Android)
    CardStar
    iheartradio
    Pandora
    Poynt (But I've heard I won't miss this one either with Google Maps and other included programs)
    Shazam (I know there is one in the Market called SoundHound or something similar so I'll have to decide which is better)
    Slacker Radio

I guess that's it for now, but I'll be asking again if I think of any more.

Thanks guys!
    iheartradio - yes
    pandora - yes
    shazam - yes
    slacker - yes

for the others there are extremely similar apps available.
    07-12-2010 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD