Battery life Experiment feedback HTC EVO

Nebilim

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
hi guys, there are alot of controversial issues regarding battery life. so i did some experiments.

Last night i did a hard reset on my evo because i wanted to compare the performance of Sense vs Launcher Pro. I also wanted to see how much battery is actually being used. So the first thing i did was reinstall my basic applications that i had before Appbrain, K-9 mail etc...then i proceeded on changing my settings: turning off Bluetooth, GPS, 4G, and Wifi. I also turned off always on data but left mobile network and background data ON.

some apps that i had running were appbrain, HTC sense, Handcent SMS, k9 and ATK, Lookout, settings and spare parts.

I started the test on 12:34 pm.

after an hour, my battery was still at 100%

after 3 hours, 97%

and now after 6.5 hours i still have 88%. of course i had a few emails got some text messages and got a phone call.

so yea pretty good. and probably could save more if i used wifi instead of 3g and even more if background data was off

tracerit

May 16, 2010
Visit site
"of course i had a few emails got some text messages and got a phone call."

without knowing the specifics of these events, we can't really compare.

but i also did a hard reset 2 nights ago, first night i didn't install any apps and the battery was 80% when i slept and still 80% when i woke up 10 hours later. i installed a few apps (too long a list) last night and it went from 80% to 60% this morning (10 hours later). there was a steady drop from 80-75, then it went from 75-65 in 30 minutes. still trying to find out what happpened there, SystemPanel doens't seem to show anything taking up a significant amount of space.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary