Am a newbie to Android. I just bought my first Android Jelly bean phone. I am struggling to find answer to this question on contacts management in Android. Please help. I want to know if in the first place is possible or not.

I use my phone for both personal & business purposes. But I do not want to maintain the same phone book for both types of contacts. I want to have totally 2 different contact apps synced to two different gmail accounts so that the contacts do not mix up at all and are always kept separate.

I tried downloading some contacts app from play store. But the first thing these apps do is read & load all my contacts from the default contacts app into it. Can I avoid that?

Is there any contacts/address book app in android that will let me maintain a different set of contacts outside of my default app?

Please advice.
    11-02-2012 02:23 PM
    I may be wrong, but I think each google account would be associated with it's own set of contacts. I'm not sure how you would easily switch between them though. You could separate business and personal contacts in groups but that's really not what you want.
    11-02-2012 06:29 PM