Vignette for Android Review

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Damn dude that is awesome. I was looking at your pics taken with your Dinc... WOW. I've always been a believer that a great picture is more about the person taking the picture instead of what's. I have to admit, all those settings do look pretty overwhelming. You know of any sites that has a good guideline of all the different meanings of settings? I have an Evo and to my knowledge the Inc and Evo have the same camera. So I'm very excited to use this app. I wish they had a true panoramic setting though.

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I really wish there was some app that would do a good job of stitching photos together for panoramic shots. Even my old LG Dare could do it with relative ease. I know the Droid X has stitching panoramic shots available...

This text magically appeared thanks to my Droid Incredible...

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I am getting an error about a hardware problem on my Captivate, I think it may be related to setting the shutter sound, I would like some sound but this seems to cause issues.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Vignette and Macro lens

Here's a shot I took using my magnetic macro lens and Vignette. I took it by accident! I was messing with my macro lens and had a rosary close that I was going to take pictures of, and ended up with this. I'm not a photographer - and I don't understand all the settings in the camera (I even took photography in high school and never "got it") Vignette lets the average user do some really cool stuff.

To the OP - how did you get those flowers to only highlight the yellow? I saw you used New York, but when I use those filters I seem to get color everywhere.. I wish someone would make a PICNIK app!! SO many functions, I take a TON of pictures, I'd love to edit them on my phone.

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
To the OP - how did you get those flowers to only highlight the yellow? I saw you used New York, but when I use those filters I seem to get color everywhere.. I wish someone would make a PICNIK app!! SO many functions, I take a TON of pictures, I'd love to edit them on my phone.

I didn't do anything other than run that shot of the lilies through Vignette with the New York filter - it just came out that way much to my surprise!

Nice macro shot too :) I've been meaning to get myself one of those add-on macro lenses to play with

urabob

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I freakin' love this app. One of the main reasons for my abandonment of blackberry was the fantastic camera on the Incredible. With Vignette a good thing is even better. I bought it the first day I got my phone and have had no regrets.

The only thing that tripped me up were the options. So many to choose from that I couldn't decide what to use. So, I put everything on random. That way, it's a surprise. And who doesn't like a surprise? Especially when it is so cool looking. ;)

twosteppin4140

May 10, 2010
Visit site
On the HTC Evo...two things...

1 - Regular pictures, no filters etc...seem blurry?
2 - If I select "auto focus when screen is touched" - how do I actually take a picture?

THANKS!

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
1) No clue - on my Incredible the pictures taken with Vignette looks better than from the camera app

2) Once again - no clue, on the Incredible I use the optical trackball button to take photos

I suggest emailing the dev and asking them :)

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I didn't do anything other than run that shot of the lilies through Vignette with the New York filter - it just came out that way much to my surprise!

Nice macro shot too :) I've been meaning to get myself one of those add-on macro lenses to play with

thanks! I got the macro/wide angle combo for like $10 bucks somewhere....it's in the article posted here at AC. I want to pick your brain more about this photog stuff :)

karyney

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I've been using this app for about two months now, and I find it very fun to play around with. Great review, and great idea to share your find!

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks - after reading lots of people asking about various camera apps and me talking about Vignette I decided to just put together a review of it. Of course this review only scratches the surface of what you can do with the app. Someday when I have time I may go through all the effects and make examples...

its_miller_time

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for this.

I hate the EVOs camera app (stock). I will be downloading as soon as I get home.

Your photo stream on FLICKR is unbelievable. Were they only taken and edited on your DInc? No Post-Processing anywhere else?

Last edited:

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
the ones in my Vignette set are just straight out of the camera, only processed with Vignette and then uploaded directly to Flickr from my Incredible.

The other sets were all shot with my DSLR...

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Any idea why settings like ISO, Metering Mode, Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness are missing on Vignette on my Droid X?

Last edited: