Uh-oh, new Android Users... Shazam's going freemium...

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Well, if you didn't have Shazam before their current update, I have bad news for you. New users who download the free version are now limited to 5 uses per month. If you already had Shazam installed, don't worry about it. If you didn't... well, Soundhound is starting to sound like a better alternative...

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
As I said earlier, on the details page of the update, it says "If you've used Shazam on your phone prior to 13 Jul 10, you're still entitled to unlimited tagging".

By the way, Soundhound limits you to 5 songs a month, too.

buya97

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
i updated today, i looked at payment status and it said it was still unlimited, so this must be for the people that are downloading for the first time and NOT updating

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
i updated today, i looked at payment status and it said it was still unlimited, so this must be for the people that are downloading for the first time and NOT updating

Awesome! That's what mine says too! I figured since I hadn't opened the app, I was toast.

I read the terms of use, and you are still limited to 300 tags per month.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Did the upgrade and still says it's unlimited for me. Yay! The new version also seems to add a lot of functionality.

The program is amazing....I was astounded it could pick out songs even in the background of noisy stadiums, restaurants, hockey arenas, and most recently, in a crowded school auditorium full of screaming people.

I have only had one song it hasn't recognized, which was a song at the closing credits of Flashpoint (the tv show). But Soundhound didn't know it either (although on the second attempt at Soundhound it misidentified the song as some Rihanna song, which I knew it wasn't). So I did some Googling and found out it was "Let it Go" by Daniel Cage. So off to MP3 Downloader and it couldn't find it either.

Grrrr....so all 3 apps failed me on that one song.

Last edited:

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Does it usually take a long time to find the song? I have just searched one song, "Don't Cry" by GnR, and it took a long time to find it. It took maybe...2 or 3 minutes.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Does it usually take a long time to find the song? I have just searched one song, "Don't Cry" by GnR, and it took a long time to find it. It took maybe...2 or 3 minutes.

I haven't had it take more than maybe...20 seconds? Probably less than that.

EDIT: just did Don't Cry playing from my laptop and it took about 10 seconds total.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2