Does anyone know of any widgets that allow the user to toggle 3G data on and off using the menu switch "Settings>Wireless & Networks>Mobile network" like the HTC Sense widget (which I can not now access as I am using Launcher Pro ... frustrating and a whole other debate)? I am also missing the Sync All widget which was handy when Auto Sync is switched off and you want to periodically sync everything. These are the only 2 things I am missing about Sense. Thanks.
    07-13-2010 08:35 PM
    Extended Controls

Really good program that has a large amount of controls you can customize. About $1 in the market.

Short list of features:
    With Extended Controls you can use through an extension of traditional bar settings of Android, a widget that allows you to enable/disable:

1. 3G : Switches between 2G and 3G;
    2. Data Connection (APN) : Enables and disables data network (APN);
    3. Autorotate : Enables and disables autorotate mode;
    4. Airplane Mode : Enables and disables airplane mode feature;
    5. Media Scanner : Starts Android MediaScanner for scan all media files;
    6. Silent/Vibration : Switches between Normal and Silent/Vibration;
    7. Stay Awake : Allows to keep screen awake while charging;
    8. Timeout : Changes the screen timeout;
    9. Torch : Allows to use your telephone like torch;
    10. Autolock : Enables and disables Autolock;
    11. Silent : Switches between Normal and Silent;
    12. Always screen on : Allows to keep screen always on;
    13. Mass Storage : Enables and disables Mass Storage;
    07-13-2010 08:57 PM
    Thanks, looks really good. I should have mentioned that I have My Settings and Quick Settings installed, both of which do most of what Extended Controls does (although I do like the look of it). The issue I have is that none of them seem to toggle 3G Data but toggle 3G. I am on a 3G only network and if I toggle 3G in this way I end up roaming. The sense widget toggles the "Mobile Network" not 3G/2G which is what I am missing. I have sort of overcome the sync all with a shortcut to Accounts Sync menu but I am unable to create a shortcut to the Wireless & networks menu.
    07-13-2010 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD