07-29-2010 07:29 PM
47 12
tools
    Swiftkey all the way. I was just shocked how it predicts words.
    Move over Swype. New king is in the house.
    07-22-2010 12:13 AM
    I have been using it for a couple of days now and actually am really enjoying swyftkey. It learns as you type, and can take the messages you have already typed and learn from that (works better if you have a lot of text messages on phone). It does take some getting used to remembering to check that window up top for the word you're getting ready to type tho.
    07-22-2010 04:21 AM
    I just started using swiftkey but you can tell that it learns your words very quick I can see this being a great app after a few weeks of texting
    07-22-2010 07:30 AM
    I just started using swiftkey but you can tell that it learns your words very quick I can see this being a great app after a few weeks of texting
    After a few weeks, it pretty much reads your mind...
    07-22-2010 07:58 AM
    I think swype is much better. I just have to learn to slow down or I will have more errors.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    07-22-2010 08:11 AM
    Swiftkey is great! Just installed it and the predictive txt is awesome and it seems to utilize the space on the screen better since the arrow keys are removed. I like that the space bar is at the bottom in portrait mode. The stock EVO keyboard had the arrows under the space bar and I would always hit an arrow key instead of the space bar. Wish there was an option to remove the arrow keys from the stock portrait keyboard. Haven't tried swype yet, but as soon as the beta is available (again) I'll give it a shot too. I highy recommend Swiftkey keyboard for EVO users. It's a definite improvement, IMO.
    07-22-2010 10:38 AM
    swype!
    07-22-2010 11:40 AM
    I've used both and prefer swype over swiftkey, but in the end I choose to stick with stock because the dedicated microphone key is a must.
    07-22-2010 12:42 PM
    def swype all the way
    07-22-2010 04:45 PM
    Does anyone here have a strong opinion about swiftkey versus swype? I've been using swype for a while. It's much better than stock (though I didn't try the HTC keyboard). At the same time, I'm not so blown away as to think nothing will be able to compare. Because I'm old and lame, it takes me longer than I'd like to admit to unlearn one keyboard and learn another.
    Thoughts?
    Hey you should make a poll so ppl can get a feel for the thread without having to sift through pages of posts.
    07-22-2010 09:48 PM
    I really dig the way SwiftKey can predict things. I typed the text, "Actually, I am." in only 7 keystrokes: A-C-space-comma-space-space-period!

Unfortunately, in Handcent, it usually refuses to open when I tap the input area unless I rotate it to landscape and back to portrait first. Once they square that bug out, I'll probably stick with it. Unlike the person above, I miss the arrow keys when I need to go back and edit something; tapping is too hit and miss.
    07-23-2010 10:49 AM
    The one thing I dislike about Swiftkey is how it predicts my words while I am using the physical keyboard, does anyone have a solution?
    07-23-2010 02:57 PM
    I really love swiftkey, but it really needs a hide keyboard button in landscape mode.
    07-23-2010 06:06 PM
    I really love swiftkey, but it really needs a hide keyboard button in landscape mode.
    Swipe down to hide the keyboard
    Lorak likes this.
    07-23-2010 09:30 PM
    Hi - I'm new (to EVO4G) and old (not as old as dirt, but close) - my question is: can either Swiftkey or Swype be used for e-mails as well as texts? I rarely text but always e-mail - sorry if this is a stupid question, and thanks for your replies ;^)
    07-23-2010 09:36 PM
    Hi - I'm new (to EVO4G) and old (not as old as dirt, but close) - my question is: can either Swiftkey or Swype be used for e-mails as well as texts? I rarely text but always e-mail - sorry if this is a stupid question, and thanks for your replies ;^)
    yes, what ever you choose will be used for all text inputs, not just sms text but emails, searches, browser, etc
    manhattanmarg likes this.
    07-23-2010 09:40 PM
    thanks so much, Scott O - but am I correct in assuming that Swype isn't available right now? - so I guess I'll try Swiftkey and see what happens ...
    07-23-2010 10:03 PM
    Swipe down to hide the keyboard
    well I feel like an *****. LOL
    I thought I had to swipe from the top(so only got notification bar in landscape), but anywhere on the keyboard works.

Thanks
    07-23-2010 10:36 PM
    Never used Swiftkey But I'll give it a try now, as for now I love Swype.
    07-23-2010 10:49 PM
    the combination of the white keys and the light blue feedback is really nice
    07-29-2010 05:11 PM
    After about a week of using Swype (and 4 days of Swiftkey) I've settled on Swype. I like Swiftkey but I just don't think I was as fast on it as with Swype.
    07-29-2010 06:06 PM
    I honestly can't choose between the two! I like the fact that SwiftKey works with my hardware keyboard, and I like how Swype makes using the portrait touchscreen keyboard much more attractive. I want to keep both!
    07-29-2010 07:29 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD