dTor v1.0RC1 Available now on Android Central!

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I am the first to agree that Torrents are used pirated material, but there are literally millions of legal files out there, and the concept of what is legal to share and what is pirating is still up for debate. I am not going to make that argument here, I am totally not qualified to debate that. But, I can say that within the Google App Market there are a number of other Torrent apps, some that download to your phone and others that relay the torrent to your home PC. The point is that they have been on the market for a very long time and I just don't see Google pulling them any time soon.

I personally don't condone pirating software, as a developer it runs against everything I believe in, however, I also recognize a users right to share the music or movie they have purchased with someone else. This is a complex debate that will eventually be resolved. I am sure someone can start the debate in another forum on this topic.

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I listen to several bands who allow fans to record and distribute their live shows. Bit Torrent is used quite a bit. I would have loved to have this when I went on vacation last month. I went to a concert the night before I flew out, and did not have computer access for a week. If I had an Android phone at the time I could have downloaded the show and listened to it while I was on vacation.

I loaded the RC3 version of this on my new Droid X. I found a torrent to download and selected it. It showed the status as WAITING and then went to ERROR. I went back later and saw that it eventually downloaded 15MB of the 79MB. After that I couldn't get it to ever say anything other than WAITING or ERROR. The last thing it was doing was closing every time I opened the app. I removed it and reloaded it. Now I can click on the Unlock button when the app first starts, and it closes. I emailed the log. Hopefully it helps since this app definitely looks promising. More detailed status information would definitely be a plus, though.

Thanks, this is being addressed in todays update. Hopefully it will resolve this issue.

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey All,

Ok in the settings for RC3, if you locate the Max Threads, Max Downloads Per Torrent and change them to 1 (currently they are defaulted to 4). Also change the Max uploads to 0 and Uploads per Torrent to 0. This should help conserve resources and allow the app to operate smoother.

RC4 Update with these settings and a notification icon will be out in a few hours.

Thanks,

-Jason

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
A major update to dTor will be released over the weekend to address many of the issues some people have been having with FC during download, and torrents not listing properly, etc...

Also, we are working on the built in search sites (other than isohunt) and the custom search site feature. Also being added is a settings feature that will allow users to make and share a wide range of settings that will allow for better communication on different networks or carriers. For example, if you are on WiFi you AND plugged into power you might want all the speed and threads you can handle, whereas, if you are on 3G and on a carrier with limited data you might want to suck as little as possible. Also, different phones/OS have different speed/power capabilities and all of these features effect stability. What might work great on a DroidX could totally kill a Cliq for example. These are some of the issues we are hoping to solve in future releases.

Happy Android Days...

-Jason

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, which version phone and OS are you running? Also what version of dTor did you try? RC7 should work on most platforms, but still has some bugs. We are releasing a major update over the weekend to fix many issues on most all platforms.

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
A major update to dTor will be released over the weekend to address many of the issues some people have been having with FC during download, and torrents not listing properly, etc...

Also, we are working on the built in search sites (other than isohunt) and the custom search site feature. Also being added is a settings feature that will allow users to make and share a wide range of settings that will allow for better communication on different networks or carriers. For example, if you are on WiFi you AND plugged into power you might want all the speed and threads you can handle, whereas, if you are on 3G and on a carrier with limited data you might want to suck as little as possible. Also, different phones/OS have different speed/power capabilities and all of these features effect stability. What might work great on a DroidX could totally kill a Cliq for example. These are some of the issues we are hoping to solve in future releases.

Happy Android Days...

-Jason

Just out of curiosity, which version phone and OS are you running? Also what version of dTor did you try? RC7 should work on most platforms, but still has some bugs. We are releasing a major update over the weekend to fix many issues on most all platforms.
sounds good ill try it out again on sunday. where can we download the new version you're releasing?

ps im on stock 2.1 os on the Incredible

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
All our release are posted here on Android Central. We also post updates and info about development to our Twitter @blueplanetapps and you can check our own forums on the Blue Planet Apps website. I was planning to release a dTor update today, but looks like it will be tomorrow as we found a couple of new issues to fix.