07-15-2010 07:12 PM
52 123
tools
    People think Fox is totally right leaning, and some of the shows are of course, but it is not always. Not counting some of the shows, the news itself is very balanced. Just because you actually see any coverage of the right AT ALL that you NEVER see on CNN does not mean it is totally right leaning.

The problem is as soon as liberals see anything that disagrees with their limited view of the world or reports the truth and it is slightly right, or even central, they shout “unfair, look how right leaning and unfair that is!” BS!!!

I love how you discredited yourself.

FOX being conservative is common knowledge. Everyone knows that they are, including them. It's how they make their money: by pandering to a certain audience. Nobody likes a perfectly middle news channel because it broadcasts things that they don't want to hear. News broadcasting is a business and if you don't have an audience, you don't survive.
    07-14-2010 03:44 PM
    And it begins...................

This thread will be locked before midnight is my guess.
    It began earlier today. I already called that it will get closed. I think by the end of the day. Wait til people get off work and start posting.
    07-14-2010 03:55 PM
    Good looking out-

I love the option to hear a news source I trust more readily than the standard media
    07-14-2010 04:36 PM
    It began earlier today. I already called that it will get closed. I think by the end of the day. Wait til people get off work and start posting.
    I am not sure you will get your wish.... The comments on the story itself that I posted are a lot worse than what is in this thread. I think people got it into their heads that we were endorsing Fox News over other sources or something ridiculous like that. Oh, the internet ^^
    07-14-2010 06:23 PM
    Just went thru the comments about the app on the front page...wow, our thread is quite tame in comparison...I feel like yelling something terrible to give us the edge.

07-14-2010 07:57 PM

Did I? by you not being able to read properly, and telling me that, ruins yours. If you would read what I said;

"people think Fox is totally right leaning, and some of the shows are of course,"

I said the shows are.

Again I said it just in case you missed it.

"but it is not always. Not counting some of the shows, "

Not always, I did not said they NEVER had a right slant.
    Then I said

"the news itself is very balanced. Just because you actually see any coverage of the right AT ALL that you NEVER see on CNN does not mean it is totally right leaning."

The news reporting is much more balanced than CNN etc.. it is. I never said it was totally 100% never without fault but overall it is about as balanced as we have out there.

Look watch what you want to, read what you think is right, believe what you want, what do I care? I don't even know you. I am not here to change your mind on anything any more than I care if iPhone users hate Android! I know what is right and actually true.

Just don't tell me I said something I didn't. I am not replying to anything else about this, it is stupid. You cannot change peoples minds about politics or religion, period!
    izzyncade likes this.
    07-14-2010 08:29 PM

FOX being conservative is common knowledge. Everyone knows that they are, including them. It's how they make their money: by pandering to a certain audience. Nobody likes a perfectly middle news channel because it broadcasts things that they don't want to hear. News broadcasting is a business and if you don't have an audience, you don't survive.
    if you want a perfect middle watch BBC...although they are slanted towards their own houses in the UK. FOX News in the daytime is not really that biased. The shows that come on in Primetime absolutely are. It's what generates their ad revenues. They will admit it. The shows in the evening are not news shows they are opinion shows. Just like Crossfire, Larry King, Stephen Colbert, ESPN Sportscenter, Keith Olberman, blah blah blah. The ratings don't lie...they crush it on regular news, like it or not.
    07-14-2010 08:37 PM
    Did I? by you not being able to read properly, and telling me that, ruins yours. If you would read what I said;

"people think Fox is totally right leaning, and some of the shows are of course,"

I said the shows are.

Again I said it just in case you missed it.

"but it is not always. Not counting some of the shows, "

Not always, I did not said they NEVER had a right slant.
    Then I said

"the news itself is very balanced. Just because you actually see any coverage of the right AT ALL that you NEVER see on CNN does not mean it is totally right leaning."

The news reporting is much more balanced than CNN etc.. it is. I never said it was totally 100% never without fault but overall it is about as balanced as we have out there.

Look watch what you want to, read what you think is right, believe what you want, what do I care? I don't even know you. I am not here to change your mind on anything any more than I care if iPhone users hate Android! I know what is right and actually true.

Just don't tell me I said something I didn't. I am not replying to anything else about this, it is stupid. You cannot change peoples minds about politics or religion, period!
    I never said any of that wasn't true, did I?

But when you made such a prejudiced statement, it gave me a reason to ignore everything else you said. Your opinion may have been relevant if it weren't for the fact that you saturated it with a blatantly prejudiced statement regarding a heavily generalized view of liberals.

Edit: and on a side note, you never actually proved any of that. You just repeated what you originally said in higher detail.

================

if you want a perfect middle watch BBC...although they are slanted towards their own houses in the UK. FOX News in the daytime is not really that biased. The shows that come on in Primetime absolutely are. It's what generates their ad revenues. They will admit it. The shows in the evening are not news shows they are opinion shows. Just like Crossfire, Larry King, Stephen Colbert, ESPN Sportscenter, Keith Olberman, blah blah blah. The ratings don't lie...they crush it on regular news, like it or not.
    Do you think you could give me a link to the ratings (not from a biased source, of course- Fox included)?

In fact, more than one link would be preferable. How about three (so I can cross reference)?
    07-14-2010 09:30 PM
    I am a Republican...I said it.

Anyhow I am headed over to fox or msnbc to find out how to root my android
    07-14-2010 09:36 PM
    If you want to discuss this two things need to happen...

Take it to the off topic forum.

Get it in your heads you won't change each others views. Cause it's a pointless conversation and you're arguing to justify your own ideology to yourselves.

Let's not close this and attempt to get back on track...
    Faulk_Wulf likes this.
    07-14-2010 09:43 PM
    As for the official application, I installed it and sustained 3 done froze ups that were alleviated by forcing the closing of the application. Deleted and installed the unofficial one, which does not freeze up.
    07-15-2010 12:01 AM
    Lmao. It's funny how the release of a simple app can make people start pulling their masks off.
    izzyncade likes this.
    07-15-2010 01:28 AM
    I never said any of that wasn't true, did I?

But when you made such a prejudiced statement, it gave me a reason to ignore everything else you said. Your opinion may have been relevant if it weren't for the fact that you saturated it with a blatantly prejudiced statement regarding a heavily generalized view of liberals.

Edit: and on a side note, you never actually proved any of that. You just repeated what you originally said in higher detail.

================

Do you think you could give me a link to the ratings (not from a biased source, of course- Fox included)?

In fact, more than one link would be preferable. How about three (so I can cross reference)?
    CNN Ratings Down; Fox, MSNBC Grow : In Depth : TVWeek - Television Industry news, TV ratings, analysis, celebrity event photos

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/01/31...-ratings/40629 These are the opinion shows.

and last but not least. The Times
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/30/bu...dia/30cnn.html

shut your pie hole...you have a google phone...use it's search engine.
    07-15-2010 05:16 AM
    Can't stand Fox News, but they know how to make an app. It's a shame CNN doesn't have a good app to compare. It stays on my phone until I find something better.
    07-15-2010 05:44 AM
    Politics aside, its a great app, anyone try videos yet, some of the ones that work are fantastic, some short and some up to 20 minutes.
    A Fox News app that lets me bypass hearing anything Sean Hannity says or dictates is awesome (bleh social conservatism)

Every news station panders to and gets a certain audience (unless your CNN) and theres nothing wrong with that.

Now what we really need is more Stossel and other Libertarians on mainstream channels
    07-15-2010 05:49 AM
    So, I hate to bring up the App itself in a thread about, you know, the App itself... But has anyone had issues with the Audio segment of the App?

I have a Droid Incredible and when I hit MENU -> Audio, a show name with a PLAY button appears for a split second, then the schedule screen appears. When I touch one of the shows, the line highlights, registering that I pressed it, but nothing else happens... I have already uninstalled and reinstalled... Any ideas?

EDIT: And with that, it is now working fine... Nevermind...
    07-15-2010 07:24 AM
    And it begins...................

This thread will be locked before midnight is my guess.

Nope it wasn't , looks like your "wrong " LoL .... so no cookie for you !
    07-15-2010 07:43 AM
    wow, Foxnews is a joke. fat chance this app in getting on my phone.
    07-15-2010 09:49 AM
    Politics aside, its a great app, anyone try videos yet, some of the ones that work are fantastic, some short and some up to 20 minutes.
    A Fox News app that lets me bypass hearing anything Sean Hannity says or dictates is awesome (bleh social conservatism)

Every news station panders to and gets a certain audience (unless your CNN) and theres nothing wrong with that.

Now what we really need is more Stossel and other Libertarians on mainstream channels
    Go neal boortz
    07-15-2010 01:01 PM
    I really like this app, just installed it and so far so good. The old fox news one i had tried previously was garbage.
    07-15-2010 01:03 PM
    I really like this app, just installed it and so far so good. The old fox news one i had tried previously was garbage.
    I think the old one was made by some 3rd party company. It wasn't an official app.
    07-15-2010 01:09 PM
    Does the app have any sort of function that corrects all the misinformation that's being broadcast? Actually, that wouldn't work...I don't think the phone's CPU is powerful enough to keep up. Halfway through the day, your phone would probably blow up. Maybe when phones hit the 5Ghz mark, they could put that in.
    07-15-2010 01:25 PM
    Does the app have any sort of function that corrects all the misinformation that's being broadcast? Actually, that wouldn't work...I don't think the phone's CPU is powerful enough to keep up. Halfway through the day, your phone would probably blow up. Maybe when phones hit the 5Ghz mark, they could put that in.
    Yes, and MSNBC never puts out misinformation..

Like, oh, cropping a man's head out of a pic and saying that it was a racist white man carrying an "assault rifle" to a Tea Party rally protesting Obama...

Uncropped, the picture was of a black man, and a member of the so called "racist Tea Party"..

Here, let me fill your koolaid for ya, it's getting low...
    07-15-2010 02:12 PM
    Mods should really crack down on the political BS in this thread.. people have differing views of politics.. deal with it.. This forum isn't about that.
    07-15-2010 02:50 PM
    shut your pie hole...you have a google phone...use it's search engine.
    I asked politely, this wasn't needed. You have a google phone too, so look up the Burden of Proof.

The next time you want to be heard by anyone, virtual or otherwise, you had better learn your manners.

============

Here, let me fill your koolaid for ya, it's getting low...
    Innocent question: what does this koolaid thing mean? How is it an insult?
    07-15-2010 02:55 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD