FoxNews launches new Android App

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
This app comes with a free barf bag, in case you can't handle your daily dose of conservative humor! Hannity and O'reilly are enough to upset any stomach, LOL!

G

GenericMessage

And it begins...................

This thread will be locked before midnight is my guess.

CyD13

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
People think Fox is totally right leaning, and some of the shows are of course, but it is not always. Not counting some of the shows, the news itself is very balanced. Just because you actually see any coverage of the right AT ALL that you NEVER see on CNN does not mean it is totally right leaning.

The problem is as soon as liberals see anything that disagrees with their limited view of the world or reports the truth and it is slightly right, or even central, they shout “unfair, look how right leaning and unfair that is!” BS!!!

I love how you discredited yourself.

FOX being conservative is common knowledge. Everyone knows that they are, including them. It's how they make their money: by pandering to a certain audience. Nobody likes a perfectly middle news channel because it broadcasts things that they don't want to hear. News broadcasting is a business and if you don't have an audience, you don't survive.

Last edited:

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It began earlier today. I already called that it will get closed. I think by the end of the day. Wait til people get off work and start posting.

I am not sure you will get your wish.... The comments on the story itself that I posted are a lot worse than what is in this thread. I think people got it into their heads that we were endorsing Fox News over other sources or something ridiculous like that. Oh, the internet ^^

mr.saving

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Just went thru the comments about the app on the front page...wow, our thread is quite tame in comparison...I feel like yelling something terrible to give us the edge.

:D

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Did I? by you not being able to read properly, and telling me that, ruins yours. If you would read what I said;

"people think Fox is totally right leaning, and some of the shows are of course,"

I said the shows are.

Again I said it just in case you missed it.

"but it is not always. Not counting some of the shows, "

Not always, I did not said they NEVER had a right slant.
Then I said

"the news itself is very balanced. Just because you actually see any coverage of the right AT ALL that you NEVER see on CNN does not mean it is totally right leaning."

The news reporting is much more balanced than CNN etc.. it is. I never said it was totally 100% never without fault but overall it is about as balanced as we have out there.

Look watch what you want to, read what you think is right, believe what you want, what do I care? I don't even know you. I am not here to change your mind on anything any more than I care if iPhone users hate Android! I know what is right and actually true.

Just don't tell me I said something I didn't. I am not replying to anything else about this, it is stupid. You cannot change peoples minds about politics or religion, period!

Last edited:

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site

FOX being conservative is common knowledge. Everyone knows that they are, including them. It's how they make their money: by pandering to a certain audience. Nobody likes a perfectly middle news channel because it broadcasts things that they don't want to hear. News broadcasting is a business and if you don't have an audience, you don't survive.

if you want a perfect middle watch BBC...although they are slanted towards their own houses in the UK. FOX News in the daytime is not really that biased. The shows that come on in Primetime absolutely are. It's what generates their ad revenues. They will admit it. The shows in the evening are not news shows they are opinion shows. Just like Crossfire, Larry King, Stephen Colbert, ESPN Sportscenter, Keith Olberman, blah blah blah. The ratings don't lie...they crush it on regular news, like it or not.

CyD13

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Did I? by you not being able to read properly, and telling me that, ruins yours. If you would read what I said;

"people think Fox is totally right leaning, and some of the shows are of course,"

I said the shows are.

Again I said it just in case you missed it.

"but it is not always. Not counting some of the shows, "

Not always, I did not said they NEVER had a right slant.
Then I said

"the news itself is very balanced. Just because you actually see any coverage of the right AT ALL that you NEVER see on CNN does not mean it is totally right leaning."

The news reporting is much more balanced than CNN etc.. it is. I never said it was totally 100% never without fault but overall it is about as balanced as we have out there.

Look watch what you want to, read what you think is right, believe what you want, what do I care? I don't even know you. I am not here to change your mind on anything any more than I care if iPhone users hate Android! I know what is right and actually true.

Just don't tell me I said something I didn't. I am not replying to anything else about this, it is stupid. You cannot change peoples minds about politics or religion, period!
I never said any of that wasn't true, did I?

But when you made such a prejudiced statement, it gave me a reason to ignore everything else you said. Your opinion may have been relevant if it weren't for the fact that you saturated it with a blatantly prejudiced statement regarding a heavily generalized view of liberals.

Edit: and on a side note, you never actually proved any of that. You just repeated what you originally said in higher detail.

================

if you want a perfect middle watch BBC...although they are slanted towards their own houses in the UK. FOX News in the daytime is not really that biased. The shows that come on in Primetime absolutely are. It's what generates their ad revenues. They will admit it. The shows in the evening are not news shows they are opinion shows. Just like Crossfire, Larry King, Stephen Colbert, ESPN Sportscenter, Keith Olberman, blah blah blah. The ratings don't lie...they crush it on regular news, like it or not.
Do you think you could give me a link to the ratings (not from a biased source, of course- Fox included)?

In fact, more than one link would be preferable. How about three (so I can cross reference)?

Last edited:

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
If you want to discuss this two things need to happen...

Take it to the off topic forum.

Get it in your heads you won't change each others views. Cause it's a pointless conversation and you're arguing to justify your own ideology to yourselves.

Let's not close this and attempt to get back on track...

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
As for the official application, I installed it and sustained 3 done froze ups that were alleviated by forcing the closing of the application. Deleted and installed the unofficial one, which does not freeze up.

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I never said any of that wasn't true, did I?

But when you made such a prejudiced statement, it gave me a reason to ignore everything else you said. Your opinion may have been relevant if it weren't for the fact that you saturated it with a blatantly prejudiced statement regarding a heavily generalized view of liberals.

Edit: and on a side note, you never actually proved any of that. You just repeated what you originally said in higher detail.

================

Do you think you could give me a link to the ratings (not from a biased source, of course- Fox included)?

In fact, more than one link would be preferable. How about three (so I can cross reference)?

CNN Ratings Down; Fox, MSNBC Grow : In Depth : TVWeek - Television Industry news, TV ratings, analysis, celebrity event photos

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/01/31/fox-news-vs-cnn-vs-msnbc-5-11pm-cable-news-ratings/40629 These are the opinion shows.

and last but not least. The Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/30/business/media/30cnn.html

shut your pie hole...you have a google phone...use it's search engine.

Last edited:

ips

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Politics aside, its a great app, anyone try videos yet, some of the ones that work are fantastic, some short and some up to 20 minutes.
A Fox News app that lets me bypass hearing anything Sean Hannity says or dictates is awesome (bleh social conservatism)

Every news station panders to and gets a certain audience (unless your CNN) and theres nothing wrong with that.

Now what we really need is more Stossel and other Libertarians on mainstream channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech