Google Music Scan & Match?

sensory

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

Has anyone been able to get the new Scan and Match feature to work when uploading music to Google Music? If so, what did you do, exactly?

I tried just now with an album available on Google Music (Daft Punk - Discovery) but it still wanted me to upload the full album rather than just "unlocking" it for streaming on the Google Music app.

olliex11

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to know how the Scan and Match system decides what it knows and syncs and then what is left to upload... Sat watching it slowly upload 30 Seconds to Mars (which is clearly an album in the Play Store already)...

Steve_S_T

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been uploading 12000 ish tracks since last Wednesday and was about halfway last time I checked. Not only is it physically uploading every track, it's doing so considerably more slowly than Amazon cloud player managed the same process.

Steve.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Steve_S_T

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
dont spose all of you used a proxy to access the registration previously?

To be honest I don't know the answer to that, but I have just started to wonder, as I've been using Google Music for over a year (so well before it was officially available in this country), whether the process I used to sign up for it then has meant I'm now using the US system rather than the EU (am I right in thinking Scan and Match is only available in Europe)?

Steve.

sensory

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I signed up through a proxy a few months ago and Scan & Match seemed to be working alright for me. It only matched maybe 300 tracks or so, so I can be sure if it worked flawlessly or not.

PiLoT8585

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
To be honest I don't know the answer to that, but I have just started to wonder, as I've been using Google Music for over a year (so well before it was officially available in this country), whether the process I used to sign up for it then has meant I'm now using the US system rather than the EU (am I right in thinking Scan and Match is only available in Europe)?

Steve.

This is precisely what has happened, if youve been using the service for that long then yeah you werent supposed to.
So you either got an invite and registered before google started blocking ips or you faked you IP to make it look like u were from US

it means therefore your account has been flagged as US. and no scan and match isnt there yet

I signed up through a proxy a few months ago and Scan & Match seemed to be working alright for me. It only matched maybe 300 tracks or so, so I can be sure if it worked flawlessly or not.

No, scan and match was only released on the 13th of november 2012, meaning you couldn't have used it a few months ago

I can't get the newest Google music or YouTube. I guess BC I'm rooted with an aokp rom. But how is this supposed to work?? You scan a barcode of a CD you purchased and it matches it?

[update] Google Music to launch free scan-and-match next month - CNET Mobile
INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

try going toandroidpolice and finding theapks for the apps you need updated.

the scan and match feature is basically google scanning what u have on your pc and matching it to a library copy they have. basically meaning you only haveto upload ur songs if they dont have them for sale

sensory

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
No, scan and match was only released on the 13th of november 2012, meaning you couldn't have used it a few months ago

You haven't read the thread, have you? I said that I've been using Google Music for a few months; signed up with a proxy. And yes, Scan & Match DID work for me after it was released on the 13th of November.

PiLoT8585

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
You haven't read the thread, have you? I said that I've been using Google Music for a few months; signed up with a proxy. And yes, Scan & Match DID work for me after it was released on the 13th of November.

INTERNET RARITY ALERT

i apologize for misreading your post, i should have asked for clarification before replying

least i didnt call you Nazi

(this is not only a person apologising on the internet but removing the Godwins Law aspect of this thread without hostily... takenote)

Steve_S_T

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
INTERNET RARITY ALERT

i apologize for misreading your post, i should have asked for clarification before replying

least i didnt call you Nazi

(this is not only a person apologising on the internet but removing the Godwins Law aspect of this thread without hostily... takenote)

Bl**dy Hippy! :D

Steve_S_T

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Last time I looked I was approaching the 75% of 12000 + songs uploaded mark, and that's after about 7 days I think. I uploaded a couple of thousand songs to my son's account in about 36 hours, so I'm not sure that even they were matched from a clean, newly set up account. Never mind, it's a once only thing to do so I'm not too bothered by it.

mech1164

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
So now that it is live there in Europe,when do we think we will see this here in the US? I already have most of my music uploaded (what a pain that was). But will gladly delete the storage to have google match it properly from there so I don't have to load this all again. Bad enough I just had to load win8 on this laptop I now have to get iTunes11 and dl my songs again from match there. It's always an experience to see if I get it all back.:confused::mad:

unknownsoldierx

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
It seems to work, though it's hard to tell since it doesn't show you much detail. For me, it is still uploading more than I thought it would, but it is definitely skipping upload of some songs. After a while of uploading you should notice it progressing quicker than your upload speed would allow. Such as uploading 2500 songs in 2 hours.

There are still reports from users complaining of duplicates and tracks being sorted into slightly different albums. I've heard that it is important to make sure that you have both artist and album artist tags filled, and if you have a multi-artist album that you set the album artist to "Various". Some problems with album art quality, too.

I haven't uploaded my whole collection yet. I'm waiting for things to settle down a bit so I get the fastest upload, and maybe they'll fix any remaining bugs with the system. I still need to tidy up my tags a bit anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20