I've got an Evo, with HTC's "People" contact app. At least I think people is an HTC specific app; feel free to tell me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, one of the "features" of People is the ability to call or send a text to any number associated with a contact. Unfortunately, it offers that option for every number, even land lines. I have 5 numbers associated with my wife: 2 mobile, 2 land, and a pager. I'm not likely to ever send a text to her landlines or pager. All those "Send Message" blocks waste a bunch of space on the screen.

Anyone figure out a way to not display the text option for numbers that aren't tagged as mobile? Any better contact apps available that will let me do this?

Many thanks.
    07-15-2010 08:01 AM
    That would be a great option to have, but I'm afraid I don't think there's a way to remove those extra lines...
    07-15-2010 09:34 AM
    i am not aware of any app that does that. most people stick with the stock...for the simplicity and speed
    07-15-2010 09:40 AM
    I've got an Evo, with HTC's "People" contact app. At least I think people is an HTC specific app; feel free to tell me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, one of the "features" of People is the ability to call or send a text to any number associated with a contact. Unfortunately, it offers that option for every number, even land lines. I have 5 numbers associated with my wife: 2 mobile, 2 land, and a pager. I'm not likely to ever send a text to her landlines or pager. All those "Send Message" blocks waste a bunch of space on the screen.

Anyone figure out a way to not display the text option for numbers that aren't tagged as mobile? Any better contact apps available that will let me do this?

Many thanks.
    This is surely a short coming of an otherwise good app. I too find it irritating and have searched high and low for a solution. None exists if you want to stay with the HTC Sense app. I also have not found an app that is worth switching my contacts to. I have registered my complaint on the HTC site. Maybe if they hear it from.enough users they will respond.
    07-15-2010 10:10 AM
    Thanks all. I guess I'll go suggest this change to HTC, too.
    07-16-2010 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD