dTor v1.0RC2 Native Torrent Client Available

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey All,

Here is the RC2 (Release Candidate 2) version of dTor, the native torrent client for Android. In this build we have hopefully fixed all the outstanding issues from the RC1 release of yesterday. This should fix the issues with HTC Sense users, notably the Evo and Incredible, as well as some other obscure things. Here are some of the things that we addressed:

Changelog:

Fixed Evo FC on start failure
Fixed Long press on Stop
Fixed Torrent info
Fixed Torrents not displaying properly
Fixed dTor stopping download and not restarting properly

I am releasing this version as RC2 and if all goes well, then we will add some more features and version stamp it as version 1.0

Happy Androiding,

Jason
Blue Planet Apps Blue Planet Apps Website
On Twitter: @blueplanetapps

theoverdrive

Banned
May 21, 2010
Visit site
I just installed the new version.

Resumed a torrent for about 3 minutes, only to be kicked back to homescreen, requiring me to restart the app to resume the torrent again (same behavior as the first version).

Droid Incredible.

Shay D. Life

Android Advocate
Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Seems to work alright on the Droid. May need to be optimized a little due to the amount of resources it uses. I'll report any new findings.

oldmanwinter

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I am still having the FC issue with RC2. It says process com.dtor has stopped.

Im using a rooted HTC Evo running DamageControl 3.2.1

Any ideas?

thanks

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I will say this. All the fragmentation and various devices with custom stuff from carriers does play havoc with apps that are communication heavy. I am looking at the Evo and Incredible stuff again. We will nail this.

crhoneh

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
still not working

I have and HTC evo with with the second release client it force closes on open everytime. Ive tired restarting the phone and redownloading nothing has worked for me... It did work for about 30 seconds once and i was able to delete a torrent that i tried downloading before but then force close right after lol... so a little bit of good news

bcnice20

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
If you delete the dtor folder from your SD then install rc2 it will make it past unlock on evo
Butt... when u search for a torrent and it goes to start ya get a fc every single time great start though really looking forward to this app

Ainvar

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Am able to open the app now on my Dinc (rooted) stock os but after selecting the torrent and the download starting the app then FC's and continue to FC on the app restart. Even after uninstalling and restarting the phone.

mr coolguy face

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Moto Droid 2.1 stock unrooted

Just DLed the new version, after uninstall of previous and deletion of previous file folder. Install successfull, open app successfull, search successfull, download initiate successfull, download. . . ., um download. . . error message: "Sorry The application dtor V1.0RC2 (process com.dtor) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." After 5 times, uninstalled. . . hope we get this! I only have 49 hours left lol. Also a side note, I noticed a serious lag on my phone while running this app both today and yesterday, menu animations noticably laggy, screen switches as well. :(

theoverdrive

Banned
May 21, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed that it doesn't update download/upload rate in landscape mode. It updates in portrait mode, but doesn't in landscape mode.

Droid Incredible.

oldmanwinter

May 24, 2010
Visit site
ok, i was just about to write the thank you and congratulatory post but, it fc again.

i was able to open, search, and begin downloading. it must have been active for about 2 mins and 5 mbs or so of traffic.

evo- damgecontrol 3.2.1

thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton