Safe Data Storage.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
This is a simple one, I know of a few good services but what is the best.
Firstly I use Evernote for my daily notes, why? i just love it... mobile, laptop, browser I am a fan of it and love the looks for some reason. Yes I am ok with the 60MB of data but for a short term I need a little bit more. I am looking for a cloud drive service like drop box, google drive etc to store data on. Approx 500mb. I know these sites can handle it, but I am wondering which site is the best for lets say Sensitive data - nothing illegal (e.g Docs, Pictures, Videos) but I just prefer the least admin interference. I am doing this as I am going to schoolies and well my laptop will be in use my multiple people as i'm bringing it for skype with the misses and mates want to view tv shows on it. Should I use a sky drive or Old school micro sd card and leave it at home. If sky drive - as i like to link up with my files remotely which services should i use?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i use Dropbox. i then password protect and encrypt any sensitive documents before i place them into my Dropbox. thus - even if someone gets into my Dropbox - they will still have to get past the password protection and strong encryption to get to my data.

Cellmeister

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
This is a simple one, I know of a few good services but what is the best.
Firstly I use Evernote for my daily notes, why? i just love it... mobile, laptop, browser I am a fan of it and love the looks for some reason. Yes I am ok with the 60MB of data but for a short term I need a little bit more. I am looking for a cloud drive service like drop box, google drive etc to store data on. Approx 500mb. I know these sites can handle it, but I am wondering which site is the best for lets say Sensitive data - nothing illegal (e.g Docs, Pictures, Videos) but I just prefer the least admin interference. I am doing this as I am going to schoolies and well my laptop will be in use my multiple people as i'm bringing it for skype with the misses and mates want to view tv shows on it. Should I use a sky drive or Old school micro sd card and leave it at home. If sky drive - as i like to link up with my files remotely which services should i use?

My .02

500MBs is not much and you always end up using a lot more...

I use DropBox with BoxCryptor (encrypts to & from DropBox) and works very well

I also use Google drive to send encrypted Titanium Backups works OK but slow.

I had tried Box.net & Skydrive both are slower than a drip & often timeout...

I have a free link to DropBox in my signature, try it out & see if you like it.

Hope that may help.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I'll see about drop box, I have used it before but not a massive fan. Right now I might leave my laptop at home, backup all the stuff on a card hidden here & use a mates iphone to check on the Nexus 4 stock as i know have the oldest nokia brick ever - could use it to build a house.

bookbean1

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I have been using Boxcryptor with my Dropbox account for quite some time. I got my Droid Razr Maxx in June and it was working fine up until tonight. The reason that it stopped working is unclear, however I just recently got a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and I have not been able to get that device to accept the sync password. I have validated the password multiple times on my other devices (i.e. PCs) and I know it is correct. I followed the advice from someone in BC support to disconnect from all devices then change the password on one, wait for it to sync and then try again. That was fine on the PC side, but now my phone will no longer accept the password either. This is quite frustrating, given that I got the unlimited usage key.

Any suggestions? Both Android devices are running 4.04 ICS stock.

Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12