I am a blackberry user and an Android user. Only reason I dont throw away my BB, is because 1. BB messenger (for all of its awesomeness) 2. For what I cant see. PUSH SERVERS PUSHING ALL MY CRAP AROUND! CRAP=Messaging!!!, Facebook!, Twitter! why is GTALK subpar! I have an idea of what google is, and when it comes tu push services google is FAR Behind RIM. Rims devices are poopy! but the whole platform! cellphone, network, and rim to rim devices is ridiculous.

Sorry if my english is crappy, Im venezuelan, and blackberry took over 3rd world country. Ppl love RIM here, so much, that they dont know that RIM is actual brand of the blackberry, they all think blackberry is the brand.

If anyone can enlighten me on this subject, why google isnt paying attention to push services, which is the main money maker of a company who sells crappy phones, it would be very much appreciated
    07-16-2010 12:20 AM
    GMail is push. Google wants you to use - their - email only.

GTalk is the same way. No one's been able to recreate BBM for anything (similar looks, sent / read confirmations) but no "currently typing", no groups, etc. Don't go into Android expecting a BlackBerry. It's a different OS. It does not work like BlackBerries do.

Just like the reverse. If someone came to the BlackBerry device like "wtf, where are my widgets, why can't I just drag my icons around my screen?!" people would laugh for expecting that from a BB.
    07-16-2010 07:08 AM