Yes, it is here at last!! Graffiti for Android by Access Co., LTD brings old-style Graffiti 1 to the Android platform. It works beautifully (although you do have to watch the size of your finger strokes due to the reduced size of the imput field on the phone, especially some smaller screen phones).

I've waited a long time for this, and judging by the responses, I'm not the only old Palm OS user who has (and all this time, I thought I was out here in the wilderness alone.) Whoo Hoo!

Almost forgot: it's FREE!!

Here's the QR:
    Kupe likes this.
    07-16-2010 12:34 AM
    Nice find. It's been a while since I've used it, but apparently like bicycles, Graffiti is something you never forget how to do!
    07-16-2010 06:12 AM
    i became lightning fast, and i do mean - lightning - fast, with graffiti, on all my palm devices.

i never thought id see this day. and, if someone thinks thats an overstatement, well, they haven't used graffiti

i just pulled it from the app store and cant wait to try it. my fear is that it wont be the same without the pinpoint control of a stylus

here goes...
    07-16-2010 03:59 PM
    Sad update:

I still love graffiti but swype is so much faster. The stock keyboard is faster. Voice input is faster.

My finger cannot keep up. And, on top of that, it gets stuck every few letters, you know, friction.

I won't uninstal it yet but early reviews are not great.
    07-16-2010 08:31 PM
    Yea I was wondering how this would work with the lack of stylus.
    Frank D4 likes this.
    07-16-2010 08:39 PM
    I have relatively dry hands, so sticking hasn't really been a problem. I've been loving it so far. I think they've ported it over pretty well for fingertip use. Especially with that black background they put in on the input field. You can actually see the tracing of your input, and you can see if you're registering correctly.

I bought a stylus HTC put out that works, but it's a bit of a disappointment. The adhesive film that made the tip capacitive peeled off and now it doesn't work. Also, the tip was a (relatively) big round paddle (which made no sense to me). Someone does need to make a pinpoint capacitive stylus. I keep seeing paddles and brushes for pressing icons.
    07-16-2010 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD