I really hate the web based google task feature. It just simply doesn't work well. Does anyone know if google has an app for task?
    07-16-2010 02:27 PM
    GTasks
    07-16-2010 03:05 PM
    By Dito that is, not SSI.
    07-16-2010 09:01 PM
    I like the SSI one. I don't like having autosync, anyway, and the SSI one hooks into Android Agenda Widget.
    07-16-2010 09:30 PM
    You can also get Astrid Tasks. It has lots of options beyond what google tasks offers like repeating tasks and priorities and notes for your tasks. It also syncs with remember the milk which has a nice easy to use website.

On top of that, if you're obsessed with google, you can always add a remember the milk gadget to your gmail on your computer by enabling gadgets in your gmail labs options.
    07-17-2010 02:17 AM
    @Nirvana328 That service is not free though. I can wait until Google adds few promised features like repeating tasks and what not.

@MowDownJoe GTasks will soon hook into Pure Calendar widget. I don't like the fact that you have to pay for a premium version outside the Market o get all the features SSI has to offer. Besides, GTasks offers "Local" mode so, it won'y sync automatically.
    07-17-2010 07:55 AM
    +1 Love Astrid Tasks and I'm a google 'slappy' too....also integrates with Android Agenda Widget and Calendar pad

You can also get Astrid Tasks. It has lots of options beyond what google tasks offers like repeating tasks and priorities and notes for your tasks. It also syncs with remember the milk which has a nice easy to use website.

On top of that, if you're obsessed with google, you can always add a remember the milk gadget to your gmail on your computer by enabling gadgets in your gmail labs options.
    07-17-2010 08:02 AM
    Tried Astrid but had a very repeatable problem with repeating tasks that the devs showed no interest in. Changed over to toodledo.com and Got To Do on android and couldn't be happier.
    07-17-2010 11:21 AM
    Tried Astrid but had a very repeatable problem with repeating tasks that the devs showed no interest in. Changed over to toodledo.com and Got To Do on android and couldn't be happier.
    Another vote for Got To Do ... very much a "Getting Things Done" workflow though if you want to get the most out of it and utilise all of it's inherent power.
    braj likes this.
    07-17-2010 11:27 AM
    @Nirvana328 That service is not free though. I can wait until Google adds few promised features like repeating tasks and what not.
    What part of astrid or Remember The Milk is not free? I've been using Astrid and remember the milk since I got my phone over a month ago, and I haven't paid for anything.
    07-17-2010 11:56 PM
    What part of astrid or Remember The Milk is not free? I've been using Astrid and remember the milk since I got my phone over a month ago, and I haven't paid for anything.
    Same here, Astrid is a free download in the Android market and comes with wireless sync with RTM.com which is a free online service. I only had to set up RTM.com once and the plug-in to auto-sync RTM to Outlook 2010 is also free. Works great if you don't want to upload data to the Google cloud.
    07-18-2010 01:05 AM
    Ever since I tried RTM few months ago, the Sync option requires the upgrade to their Pro account. And this is taken from their website: "The Remember The Milk API allows anyone to write applications that interact with Remember The Milk. At this time, the API is available for non-commercial use by outside developers"

I double checked with a friend of mine who uses the service, and she confirmed the need for a Pro account to keep sync going.

Maybe Astrid is considered non-commercial use since it's free? Because multiple paid iPhone apps that utilize RTM sync require you to get the Pro account after the RTM trial account runs out.

Bottom line: my bad, I was under the impression that Astrid had similar treatment to other paid apps including RTM official clients. Apparently not.
    07-18-2010 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD