Is Viggle really worth the effort?

logan121691

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Supposedly the viggle app gives you rewards for watching directv. If anyone has used it let me know your thoughts on it. Is it really worth the effort???

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I've received several Starbucks gift cards from checking in. Only downfall is you can only check in to live TV and only certain channels are available.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

ldyvlsfan

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
It can be at times, but they rip you off and don't give you credits for shows you watch....live shows, not taped or reruns....about as much as they give you credit. I have emailed them several times about issues and they say they will get back with me shortly, but they never do. You do get points that you can redeem, but you put in the effort and get nothing about 50% of the time. If you don't mind it only working about half the time, it is worth it.

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
It can be at times, but they rip you off and don't give you credits for shows you watch....live shows, not taped or reruns....about as much as they give you credit. I have emailed them several times about issues and they say they will get back with me shortly, but they never do. You do get points that you can redeem, but you put in the effort and get nothing about 50% of the time. If you don't mind it only working about half the time, it is worth it.

You have to watch live shows, it's very clear in the directions that it doesn't work that way. Customer service is a bit lacking, I'm having issues checking in right now and the answer I got back was to turn off my task manager.

Is it tied to your directv account at all?

You don't need a Direct TV account to use it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using TapaTalk

androidforumacc

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I think its worth it, free stuff is always cool. If your not big on watching a lot of tv or dont feel like checking in every 30 minutes just use my method. Whenever it is doing to audio check in, just make sure nothing is on tv. Then once it doesnt pick anything up, just hit try again. It takes 3-4 tries, but it will ask you to manually check in. Just type in "espn" and look for "sportscenter". 9/10 times it will be there, if not just pick anything. Pretty much everytime it will last 5 hours and give you 300 points. I do it in the morning before work, at lunch its about time to check in again, and once I get home. It only takes about 1 minute each. I dont think they would like this if they found out, but Ive been doing it for about 3 months and claimed 2 $10.00 papa johns gift cards and am halfway to my bestbuy gift card. Hope this helps!

StLouisMan2

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I want to revisit the Viggle app for a question or two. Is anyone out there using Viggle these days? It is working pretty well on my ZTE Valet Android 4.1 phone, but I can't get it to post to Facebook. Anyone else having this problem? I am signed in to Facebook for sure, but it won't post there.

I can't even get Viggle to stay open on my 2012 Nexus 7 Android 4.4.2 Tablet. Does anyone else have this problem? Do the developers respond if you have asked about these 2 things?

Lastly, I read something about a merger between GetGlue and Viggle. Is that still possible? Someone posted just above that it fell through.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Get glue deal didn't happen. Someone else bought get glue and physical stickers are no longer being delivered. Viggle is not worth it in my opinion.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I gave up on Viggle. Very hard to sign in to app and shows. No response from tech support. No gift cards. Not worth my time anymore.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using TapaTalk Pro

rossfuz

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
after 3 months i figured out it's not worth time invested. i got prizes worth $50 or less but had to put a month or more of time. not worth my time. i have better ways to make free money.the viggle app is unstable on android and iPhone.i swear viggle hacks the app to lose wifi so you think you haven't checked in then you'll try again and you lose points.i have full wifi.i never had an app say i have no network

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze