Plugged my X into my Win 7 pc, recognizes it. Asks to install drivers, I say yes..then when installing whatver the music player is..VCast? I think.neway, it installs for a bit then gives an error on 5/7 drivers. Installer not supported on this OS. So, it crapped out.
    -Doubletwist recognizes the device, but won't sync..gives a nasty lil box when trying to sync the ipod Touch.

So, I can drag and drop individual tunes there, but no playlists.
    What are you guys doin with an X?
    07-17-2010 10:13 AM
    There are several syncing apps, try iSyncr or TuneSync.
    07-17-2010 10:46 AM
    I'm using Motorola Media Link. Seems to work great and I like the improved layout. This should be bundled with all their phones or at least mentioned prominantly.
    vicw926a4 likes this.
    07-17-2010 11:15 AM
    Well, I dunno. But I'm just breakin down and using WMP. Works great, syncs. Especially good and easy in Win 7.
    I will say that this has been my biggest struggle with the Droid. Syncing Music shouldn't be this laborsome..drivers...bla bla bla.
    But other than that...this is an awesome device.
    07-17-2010 11:39 AM
    I'm using Motorola Media Link. Seems to work great and I like the improved layout. This should be bundled with all their phones or at least mentioned prominantly.
    Thanks for that post. I have been struggling with the others over the last few days, and getting quite discouraged. I found doubleTwist painfully slow, and had difficulty attaching to the Droid. I didn't warm up to isyncr at all for several reasons and TuneSync conflicted with the wireless sync capability of SplashID.

I downloaded Motorola Media Link from

Motorola Media Link - Overview - Motorola USA

and the Motorola USB drivers from

USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola, Inc. USA

I have been more than happy with it so far. It immediately recognized and attached the Droid X.The app is pretty clear, and flexible, allows for syncing over iTunes, and it performs the way I expect a sync application to do. The initial pass, syncing over 665 photos and 1695 music files took about 1:45 hours overall. It kept me pretty well informed along the way, so that I never had a sense that it was adrift. It indicates file transfer names along the way, and shows it progress also. When it completed, it presented a fairly detailed display of the number of files transferred, deleted, and not transferred. A subsequent run took about 25 minutes or so, about what I was hoping for.

I did note that the Gallery App on the Droid X took forever to capture all of the new photos, but it eventually got everything done and subsequently displayed and worked properly.l

I haven't tried any videos yet, but so far, I'm a very happy camper. I now have everything I need to handle syncing comparable to the old iPhone.

Did I mention that it's also FREE?
    07-26-2010 07:13 PM
    I tried Doubletwist on my X and kept getting sync errors with my 64 bit Windows 7 HP. Uninstalled, and paid for iSyncr which I am loving thus far. Clean, fast, and automatic conversion of file types. The interface itself is a little spartan but that is the least important part of the process. I'm using the stock Moto music widget and its working perfectly.
    07-26-2010 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD