Hi folks,

I use multiple applications for audio: Pandora (and sometimes Slacker if I run over my limit for Pandora) for internet radio, Cherry rPlayer for Shoutcast, MixZing for music on the sd card, BeyondPod for podcasts, and MortPlayer for audiobooks. Most of these include their own widgets, but I don't want to fill up my home screen with 5 separate widgets dedicated to audio. I am wondering if there is anything in the app market that has the ability to control (play/pause/skip) multiple audio applications. It doesn't necessarily have to be able to control all of the ones I've listed above, but at least 3 would be nice.

Searching for music widget in the marketplace unfortunately just floods me with results for music apps that have their own widget or widgets for just the stock player

I guess an alternative would be a music player that has the following features:
    1) A widget (obviously)
    2) Podcast support (i.e. downloading podcasts directly on the phone)
    3) Audiobook support (with automatic bookmarking/resuming)
    4) Is still being developed and improved upon (i.e. no bTunes!)
    I'd prefer not to go this route since I've paid ~$7 each for MixZing and BeyondPod, but would be willing to if the app is good enough.

Thanks for your time!
    07-17-2010 03:56 PM