Lots of great recommendations in for apps in the stickied threads; I've found many cool things from there but I did have some questions:

1) What do you guys use for syncing photos over Wi-Fi to and from my PC? Is there an app for that? I couldn't figure out the DLNA thing, which I think is supposed to do something like that

2) What exactly is Awesome Drop? It just allows you to download any file while browsing, right?

Thanks!
    07-17-2010 06:15 PM
    1) I use EStrong File Explorer. It's a file manager that also scans your local wifi for any PCs and allows you to copy and paste between your phone and PC both ways. It also connects to FTP as well.

A second option maybe to upload the photos to Picasa? That way you will always have an online backup and you can sync them to your PC using Picasa software (or just download them from the web).

2) Not quite. It allows you to launch your PC browser which will give you a 4 digit code that you have to enter in their Android App. Once you do that, you can drag and drop files from your PC into the browser and they will appear in your SD card. And it's one way only (you cannot copy files from the phone to PC).
    07-17-2010 06:39 PM
    You can try WifiBackup... it allows you to backup your entire sdcard over wifi to a network share:

WifiBackup for Android

If you try it, let me know if you have any questions/suggestions.

Thanks,
    Wade
    07-19-2010 10:43 AM
    I really love this app:

Free mobile phone contact, photo, video and text message backup :: m:IQ

I used it on my BB and they just released it for Android. Plus you can do MUCH more than just sync your photos.
    07-19-2010 12:11 PM
    I really love this app:

Free mobile phone contact, photo, video and text message backup :: m:IQ

I used it on my BB and they just released it for Android. Plus you can do MUCH more than just sync your photos.
    how credible is this tool?
    07-19-2010 02:40 PM
    how credible is this tool?
    I'm not sure what you mean by credible, but it's basically BestBuy's version of Apple's MobileMe (except it's free). It backs up all your contacts, messages, calls, calendar, photos and videos to an server which you can access on-line.

And you can do things like send messages and photos etc. right from the on-line site without using your phone. For the OP of this thread, for example, all his photos get synced to his MiQ account, then he can download them right to his PC.

Best Buy Announces MobileMe Competitor "mIQ"

Best Buy Launches Free mIQ Sync Service | CrackBerry.com

Try it out, I think you'll like it.
    07-19-2010 09:00 PM
    Hmm, interesting, thanks for the replies and I'll check 'em out.
    07-20-2010 12:06 PM
    You can try WifiBackup... it allows you to backup your entire sdcard over wifi to a network share:

WifiBackup for Android

If you try it, let me know if you have any questions/suggestions.

Thanks,
    Wade
    I use this, but it keeps my screen awake after it runs. I emailed the DEVS but got no response (over 2 weeks ago).
    09-24-2010 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD