Syncing photos app over Wi-Fi

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Lots of great recommendations in for apps in the stickied threads; I've found many cool things from there :) but I did have some questions:

1) What do you guys use for syncing photos over Wi-Fi to and from my PC? Is there an app for that? I couldn't figure out the DLNA thing, which I think is supposed to do something like that

2) What exactly is Awesome Drop? It just allows you to download any file while browsing, right?

Thanks!

melwan

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
1) I use EStrong File Explorer. It's a file manager that also scans your local wifi for any PCs and allows you to copy and paste between your phone and PC both ways. It also connects to FTP as well.

A second option maybe to upload the photos to Picasa? That way you will always have an online backup and you can sync them to your PC using Picasa software (or just download them from the web).

2) Not quite. It allows you to launch your PC browser which will give you a 4 digit code that you have to enter in their Android App. Once you do that, you can drag and drop files from your PC into the browser and they will appear in your SD card. And it's one way only (you cannot copy files from the phone to PC).

Last edited:

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
how credible is this tool?

I'm not sure what you mean by credible, but it's basically BestBuy's version of Apple's MobileMe (except it's free). It backs up all your contacts, messages, calls, calendar, photos and videos to an server which you can access on-line.

And you can do things like send messages and photos etc. right from the on-line site without using your phone. For the OP of this thread, for example, all his photos get synced to his MiQ account, then he can download them right to his PC.

Best Buy Announces MobileMe Competitor "mIQ"

Best Buy Launches Free mIQ Sync Service | CrackBerry.com

Try it out, I think you'll like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463