So I have used fring before to video cat with my daughter while she was on vacation.
    Went to call her again tonight, and I have no video option(the blue camera).
    Its not there when I pull up her name. Its also not there when I pull up the "fring test" contact.

Anyone have any ideas?
    07-18-2010 12:45 AM
    Skype not supported
    07-18-2010 04:52 AM
    Fring and Skype had a tiff. No more video chat.
    07-18-2010 05:23 AM
    Skype now only with Verizon android's, and no video option. Both Fring and Skype blame each other. Fring saying Skype shut them down and Skype saying they had nothing to do with it. You are out of luck with Skype and video until Skype decides to release a version for Android. So far, there really isn't any option to do Video to say a person on a computer. If you have an EVO 4G, you can use Qik for Video Chat, but it is only EVO to EVO for Video chat.
    07-18-2010 09:59 AM
    Am i missing something here ... I have had Fring since launch day with my EVO and on occassion my video chat icon was missing ... I havent used it for a while and then all this crap with Skype came up ... My question is what does skype have to do with Fring? I Know that you were able at one point access your Skype account using Fring but I NEVER had a Skype Account and NEVER used Skype but was still able to Video Chat using Fring. Fring is a stand alone Video Chat Application no SKYPE required to video chat.
    07-18-2010 03:00 PM
    Yep. I know skype is no longer supported. But I was still using it to video chat to my wife and daughter on thier EVO's. (they like it better than Qik, since it doesn't have a push to talk button).

But now I don't even have the video option when I try to call them.
    07-18-2010 05:20 PM
    well my issue appears to be resolved. My daughter also texted me wondering why everytime she called me it went straight to voice mail. Checked all my settings and saw nothing wrong.
    So I did a prl reset. phone calls came through, and video option is back in fring.

No clue if that was what fixed it, or just coincidence.
    07-19-2010 01:41 AM
    Video chat SHOULD still be available on fring regardless if its EVO on EVO.
    07-19-2010 11:09 AM
    People needed the Skype implementation into Fring because of the video from EVo to a computer. For me, I was able to talk to my family, who doesn't own an EVO, from my EVO to the computer, and now I cant.
    07-19-2010 12:12 PM
    so can you fring to fring video chat say from one incredible to another incredible? I'm getting ready to deploy with the U.S. Navy, and it would be really nice if I could use my Incredible to video chat with my wife and son versus carrying around a laptop.
    07-19-2010 12:45 PM
    yea too bad. definitely some bad blood between those 2
    07-19-2010 02:20 PM
    Am i missing something here ... I have had Fring since launch day with my EVO and on occassion my video chat icon was missing ... I havent used it for a while and then all this crap with Skype came up ... My question is what does skype have to do with Fring? I Know that you were able at one point access your Skype account using Fring but I NEVER had a Skype Account and NEVER used Skype but was still able to Video Chat using Fring. Fring is a stand alone Video Chat Application no SKYPE required to video chat.
    Skype was so you could video talk from your phone to a computer (like I could videochat with my wife and parents, both of who have computers with webcams and Skype).

As it is, Fring is only useful for chatting phone-to-phone, which I personally don't really care about.
    07-19-2010 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD